“Springtime in Key West” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Key West
Central Illinois
“Springtime in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here in April. Great Hotel...Great Location. Right on Duvall Street. Short walk to Southermost Point and Hemingways Home. Key West is so laid back you are guaranteed a great time
Late April means No Humidity, No crowds Great trip!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us last April. Our convenient location to the attractions of downtown Key West mean our guests are just minutes from the fun and action and I’m glad that you enjoyed this. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We made our last minute reservations online and then started our 5 hour trek down to Key West for the weekend, rain or shine. The Southernmost hotel was one of the only places we could find a room and were happy we did.

The hotel was very clean, the staff super friendly and the accommodations were very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy to read that you and your friends had such a nice time with us during your last minute visit to Key West. It’s always wonderful to learn when our guests enjoy themselves so much and your very nice compliments for our staff members, property and amenities are appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great location and the front desk staff, Louis and Serge, were fantastic. The room looked great and was cleaned very well. The concerns: The reservation I made months earlier was messed up by their system and it had to be corrected twice--unsettling when you are on your way and told they are canceled, etc. They got it worked out and upgraded us at no cost for the stress. Also, was talked into a 2 day rental for bicycles by concierge and after lowering the seat and locking it in position it continued to wobble and rotate all day. We decided to get a refund for the following day and were planning to book two excursions. The concierge pulled the receipt and then told us they do not refund the bikes "so you might as well just keep them for the second day"--so we did and did not use them because it was awful with the seat acting up. When my husband went to turn them in the day they were due, he told them again about the seat and they said it could happen with lowering the seat and offer another day for free. We didn't understand why they did not refund the $10 when we were going to spend $500 more--so we booked excursions elsewhere and for less cost. Also, one morning we woke to a tick crawling across the pillow--it was an isolated incident and it is Florida so it happens...just never before in a hotel room to us. They did not replace soaps/shampoos daily--not a big issue but be aware you need to ask the front desk if more is needed. Overall, it was a great stay and perfect location--we enjoyed it.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies for the experience you had with our concierge and the bicycles you rented. I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with our management staff and those of the concierge staff to correct this and prevent such an incident happening in the future. I had contacted you through TripAdvisor and had hoped you would contact me regarding you room so we could look into that situation as well. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and to read that we failed to meet both of our expectations is disheartening. Your comments will be used to improve our services for our future guests. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and sharing your experiences with us. I hope we will have an opportunity to make a future stay with us exceptional.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The location is drop dead gorgeous. A private beach was accessible & was magnificent. It was small & quiet but did have room for on the beach weddings - two of which I saw while I was there.

You are also only a short walk from all the happenings of Duval Street. Which is great place to hang out, eat & have a drink.

From a food perspective, I only ate once at the hotel for breakfast. I was bemused that breakfast was not included with the price, something standard in western European hotels. The cafe on the beach had decent food but very slow service. The Bar at the pool had great fast service.

The room I had was very basic but was well maintained. I didn't mind this too much as I was out and about constantly. On some other trips I would have found this an issue.

All in all, a very good experience. Expect high prices though.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased that you and your friends had such a nice time with us. Thank you for all of your kind words; they really do mean a lot to us. While breakfast isn’t included with the rooms we do offer a breakfast package that is available for purchase for as many or few mornings one would like. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope you will be able to visit us again.
Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at the Southernmost Hotel for one Night. The rooms are very nice and tidy, staff was friendly and the hotel was overall great. Guests of the Southernmost Hotel are allowed to use The Southernmost on the beach's Pool facilities and beach, what we enjoyed very much. Altough it's not the cheaest hotel in the keys, I can recommend it for anyone's stay in Key West.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I really appreciate all of the kind words you have for our property and staff and your words of recommendation are extremely gratifying. I know that our staff members genuinely want our guests to have a fantastic time while visiting and your praise is very much appreciated. Thank you again for writing your review and we hope you will visit again.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is our second time here. It's pricey but you get quiet. The staff is amazing. We love being able to pool jump among the hotels. It's a one mile walk to the other side of Key West. I think this will be the hotel to stay for us everytime we come to Key West.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy to read that you and your family had such a nice time with us and will stay with us again the next time you visit Key West. We are honored to be your favorite. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed here before but 15 years ago. The hotel has of course been remodeled since then. There was two of UA on this trip and the rooms were a perfect size. Very clean the beds very comfortable. The service was great and our room was always cleaned in a timely manner. This hotel is in a perfect location walking distance from everything. The only downfall was the room was a little noisy, I think the fridge made lots if noise at night. Also a couple of nights around 4am people were hanging out and loudy talking in the hallways for at least an hour. Didn't hear them if they would be in their room. Otherwise I would stay here again the hotel and the staff were great.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you and your friends had an awesome vacation. I am sorry to read that you neighbors were a bit noisy late at night, our front desks are open 24 hours a day so they can easily assist with any issues or concerns our guests have any time of the day or night. I would also like to apologize that your refrigerator was seemingly too loud and I do hope you will contact me so I can have the Director of Engineering make sure it is fixed or replaced. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope you will be able to visit us again.

Been to Southernmost Hotel? Share your experiences!