“Little Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Little Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My two friends and I stayed here for a week at the end of July. The staff was awesome and so helpful. The pools were beautiful and had plenty of room. It was nice to be able to use everything at Southern Most in the beach which was a two second walk across the street. Negative: little far from Mallory square.

Stayed July 2014
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I really appreciate all of the kind words you have for our property and staff and I am very pleased they were able to help make your getaway great. I know that our staff members genuinely want our guests to have a fantastic time while visiting and your praise is very much appreciated. Thank you again for writing your review and we hope you will visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After a disappointing stay at a resort outside of the country, we were welcomed into the Southernmost Hotel. We chose to stay here because of the novelty of the name and prominence of the hotel, but were so impressed with how nice the room accommodations were. The room was small, but very cozy. The location was quiet even though it was on Duval Street. Bonus: The room provided complimentary water bottles and there was a programmable safe in the room as well. Very happy with our stay. Will return to it in the future!

Stayed July 2014
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m happy to read you enjoyed your room, our relaxing, convenient location and look forward to returning to us in the future; we certainly would like the opportunity to make your next stay with us even better! Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We booked one night only but were very tempted to extend our stay. The room was impeccable, very spacious and well equipped. It looked rather fancy. We found this room to be one of the best we had on our trip to the US. The bed seemed to be made for us, very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The guy at the concierge desk gave us good input on what to do and what to see. He also wanted to sell a few trips like the dolphin encounter. We wanted to book it with him but realized by pure coincidence that he was 15 % more expensive than some of the booking agents we found outside of the hotel. So I would not recommend to book in the hotel if you are after a good deal.

Btw: My girlfriend and I did not think the famous dolphin encounter cruise was anything special.

Anyway, the hotel was great. We loved it. They got 2 different pools which we did not use. They seemed to be a bit too busy for our taste but we would have loved to have a swim if only we had had time. All the other facilities seemed very neat too. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to read that you found our facility one of the best you experienced on your visit to the United States. It’s wonderful to read such kind comments and I am truly appreciative for your words of recommendation. Your praise for our staff members is very rewarding and will most certainly be shared. I am sorry your experience with your trip on the water did not meet your expectations but I do hope you will give it another try should you visit again; the ocean is magnificent. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you and your girlfriend again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Southernmost consists of several hotels. We chose a modest room and Beach access. The ceiling fan saved us as the AC was noisy. Nice beach area and a relaxed bar with a fantastic Lime Tequila!
Really friendly and relaxed! Everybody smiles! Aqua yoga was the best!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you love our hotels location and that you had a relaxing time. I agree, aqua yoga is quite the treat! I’m very happy you had such a nice time with us and I hope you will contact me so we can address the a/c unit in the room you were in. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you in the future.
Upper Arlington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a great location! Southernmost Hotel is in the perfect spot, not that far from Duval St. Rooms were beautiful and clean with huge bathrooms, but the pools are spectacular, clean and spacious (very important since Key West lacks any great beachfront). My only complaint would be for the price, there should be a breakfast included.

Room Tip: Choose your room away from the pools if you want some solitude.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you had such a great time with us. I understand including breakfast with our guests stay would be welcome but as of yet we have not been able to do this, I’m sorry. I hope that the other amenities we offer including our spacious rooms, 3 pools, various activities and entertainers as well as our Southernmost Beach Café will encourage you to visit us again; we would love the opportunity to make your next stay with us exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your very nice review.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here in december 2nd week. It's a decent hotel but I did not find it as good as the reviews suggested.
Pros:
1) Location !! Location !! Location !! - Just short walk away from the action of the Duval Street. We walked all the time, it's a very beautiful walk. Really enjoyed it.
2) Room Size - Good Sized room, we had delux king balcony, ample of storage space.
3) Service - The room was cleaned everyday, helpful consceirge.

Cons:
1) The rug in the room was kind of dirty and damp.
2) We had a king sized Balcony room, the view was pretty dismal, it was just surrounded by trees and partial view of the pool . The balcony could hardly house 2 chairs and a table. Not worth it. It just proved helpful for drying the swimming trunks etc. outside.
3) One of the pools was nearby, and it was pretty noisy till late. However the sound insulation was good inside the room. The noise outside did not bother once we were inside the room.
4) The pools are pretty small, did not feel like entering.
5) The beach was also very small and dirty, I did not find it good enough to hangout.

Room Tip: Check the view of the balcony. I felt let down having paid was a balcony room and the the balcony ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. There have been many changes and renovations to our rooms and property since last December but I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your room, your balcony, our 3 pools and 2 beaches. In light of the many changes we have gone through I hope you will visit us again and give us an opportunity to make a future stay with us exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed the weekend at Southernmost Hotel. Each night I was suddenly awakened by irritating bugs. During the night I got little sleep because I kept waking up to the bites and excessive itching caused by the bugs. I told staff about my concern the next morning and they claimed they would send someone to my room to fix the problem (If staff went to the room to fix the problem or not, I don’t know). But then, that night I was awakened again in the middle of the night by the bugs. For the price I paid for the room, I expected more. It really made me regret staying at this hotel and I was disappointed in the lack of empathy of the staff and that more was not done to ensure I wouldn't experience the bugs and disrupted sleep for two nights in a row.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
M_Babich, Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to begin by extending my sincerest apologies. It is disturbing to read about your experience and I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss the incident in more detail. We take such matters extremely seriously and with your assistance we can work to resolve this. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received exceptional service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is troubling. I look forward to hearing from you and again, I apologize your stay did not live up to the standards for which we are known.

Been to Southernmost Hotel? Share your experiences!