My husband and I just returned from a long weekend stay at Southernmost Hotel. The room was very clean and hotel staff very friendly. We spent some time at each of the 3 pools and enjoyed them all. Live music at the pool was very enjoyable. Had a couple of meals at the hotel's cafe on the beach. Food and drinks were very good. Front desk was responsive to any request we had.
Hotel is located at the south end of the key. In the evening we would take a taxi to the north end of the key. We had dinner on the north end and we also liked the north area to watch the sunset. After dinner each night we would walk back to our hotel straight down Duval Street. It was dark out at the time of the night (10:00 - 11:00 PM) We never felt unsafe and the approx 1 1/2 mile walk was a great way to walk off a little of our dinner. Duval Street always has a lot of people on the street and on Saturday evening it was actually crowded on the street.
Morning coffee is an important start to my day, and the hotel provides coffee in the lobby. There is a great coffee shop across the street called "Frenchies" that has wonderful french pastries and coffees. Definitely schedule a visit to Frenchies if you are a coffee/pastry lover!
We were told that September is Key West's slow time of the year. I think it was a great time to spend a weekend there.
My only negative is that I was a little disappointed with the beach area. There was so much seaweed washed up on shore that it just was not very inviting to go into the water. If you are the type of person that never goes into the ocean water, you will be OK because the sand area was clean and hotel guests get free lounge chairs to use on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southernmost Hotel in the USA located on the world famous Duval Street and steps from the beach. 118 Guest Rooms, the Pineapple Pool and Bar, an adult only tranquility pool, poolside conference room, fitness center, spa services, and concierge. A member of the Southernmost Hotel Collection. Additional resort amenities include access to junior size olympic pool at Southernmost on the Beach, private tanninig pier, tanning beach and on-site activities. Come experience true luxury on Duval Street at the all new modern Southernmost Hotel. Stay in one of our freshly remodeled rooms that reflect the touch of Caribbean elegance you have been longing for. Bask in the sunshine at either of two newly refashioned pool areas. And, still be pampered with the amenities Southernmost Hotel has made its standard. The Southernmost Hotel – where stylish sophistication meets simple satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Southernmost Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key West Southernmost Motel
- Southernmost Hotel Key West Florida
- Southernmost Motel
- Southernmost Key West