“Great 20th anniversary trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #8 of 41 hotels in Key West
Vanceboro, North Carolina
“Great 20th anniversary trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just got back from celebrating my 20th anniversary with my husband and family and friends. This hotel met all our expectations and more! The Shores bar and the Café were the best!! Staff was so friendly and accommodating! We loved having the pool options and beach all right there! This hotel is in a great location. Hope to go back and do it all over again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m very glad to read that you and your friends had such a nice time with us on your anniversary. As part of our commitment to exceptional customer service we try to anticipate our guest’s wants and needs and I’m happy that all of your expectations were not only met but exceeded. Thank you again for taking the time to write you review and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Key West.

1,431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Portland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent hotel with great activities, Location at the end of Duvall Street was both quiet and convenient. We ate breakfast at the hotel's beachfront restaurant every day. The food and service were superb. Hotel staff were extremely helpful. Highly recommend the Beer School activity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m happy to read that you had a nice time while staying with us. Our location ½ a block from Duval Street affords our guests convenient access to the sights and activities of Key West but is far enough away to provide a relaxing and serene retreat. For beautiful, oceanfront dining our award winning Southernmost Beach Café is incredible and I’m glad you enjoyed the service and diverse menu. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we see you again in the future.
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great stay at this hotel. Front desk attendant Tanner was very helpful and friendly. The hotel rooms are very clean and modern... a bit on the smaller side but everything that you need is there. There are three different sections of the hotel... 3 different pools and you have access to all. The pools were a good size and the 2 pool bars were nice and everything was reasonably priced... the food from the beach cafe was delicious. We really liked the location of this hotel because its right at the end of duval street.. the quieter end but right by the southern most point monument (which is recommended for pictures!) It is a long walk to the other side of duval street but it's a nice walk and you get to see everything. We stayed here for 2 nights and wish we would of did a 3rd night although it was a little too pricey so we switched to the Key Lime Inn for the last night... but def. wish we didn't. All the workers were very friendly. Would def. recommend this hotel and def. would stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a larger balcony area that nobody walks by.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so happy to read that you had a wonderful time while with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. When they were designed every effort was made to ensure our guests have the most luxurious amenities possible. Our resort offers our guests the use of 3 pools, 3 bars, a private tanning beach and pier, free lounge chairs on the public beach South Beach and a host of other complimentary services. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again if your travels should bring you back to Key West.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friend, niece and daughter recently stayed here a week in March for my daughter's spring break. I had been to Key West over 30 years ago and just knew my daughter would love it. Needless to say we all did and were very happy to have booked the Southernmost Hotel. The room was immaculate and comfortable with plenty of room for 4 people, the property was beautiful and well maintained and had more of the laid back feeling we were looking for this trip. It was convenient to everything Key West has to offer but still on the quieter end of town, which we found to be plus. The Beach Café had a great and fun crowd and really nice happy hour. It was the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day with a few rum runners before heading out for the evening. The hotel has access to South Beach, a beach area right in front of the Beach Café. Although the beach is on the smaller side it did not feel like we were on top of each other. Beach attendants supply beach chairs for hotel guests, as well as cold towels and iced fruit cubes throughout the day, expertly made by Christian, a Johnny Depp look alike, gratis for a day of sunbathing. It really gave us a sense of being pampered. It is right across from the Butterfly Conservatory, and a half a block from Franco's Hero and Deli, a great place to get a really good, reasonably priced breakfast sandwich and a cup of coffee. The pool areas are well maintained and the employees are friendly. The only negative observation is that the walls are thin and when the people next door opened and closed their door it sounded like it was right in our room, but personally how much are you really in the room in a great place like Key West? All in all this is a great place to stay and we are planning a return trip next March. After our last experience, we would not want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We were in the Gingerbread Wing on the second floor right across from the Tranquility Pool. This wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I’m very happy to read that you and your daughter loved you time while with us. I wonder, we are celebrating our 65th year this year; did you by chance stay with us 30 years ago? I hope you had a wonderful time rediscovering Key West and I’m happy to read that you are already planning a return trip to our hotel next spring. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice review and we look forward to seeing you in March.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

On my third trip to Key West, I decided to stay at the Southernmost Hotel. After all, I always seemed to end up on South Beach renting a chair and enjoying the great service offered by the chair attendant and the servers at the beach cafe. I could not have been more delighted with my choice!
Not only was everyone we encountered super-friendly, the rooms were well-appointed. After a day at the beach and too much sun, we returned to our room to relax. Badly sunburned, I was hot. The air conditioning and ceiling fan made me more comfortable. But, I was also cold. The room had fluffy blankets. The folks that manage this place KNOW what you need to make you comfortable.
I could go on-and-on about this place. The location, the amenities, the people...
From now on when I visit Key West, this is where I'll be!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m happy to read that after giving us a try this is the place you’ll stay at from now on. We try to anticipate our guests needs with our commitment to exceptional customer service and reviews such as your let us know we are succeeding. Our hope is that every guest has an experience like yours and looks forward to coming back. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Key West.
Macomb, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I couldn't wait to get to Key West, four nights away, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay! From the moment we arrived, the Southernmost Hotel and properties, exceeded our expectations. The service was great, pools were clean and well maintained, the property is well-kept, and the food/drinks were amazing. The activities staff - Michael, Mark and Boomer - were awesome! They didn't hesitate to get everyone involved and having fun - there was beer school, wine school and belly- flop contest (which my hubs won). On a rainy morning, Michael got trivia going to pass some time and entertain. *The key lime pie is amazing!

The hotel is on the quiet end of Duval, which was perfect. We liked the walk, and it gave us some exercise from all the great food and drinks. There is an electric car rental and bike rental super close too.

We would return in a heartbeat, and have already told family and friends to GO!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so glad you had such a good time and took advantage of some of our complimentary activities. Kudos to your husband for winning the belly-flop contest! I agree that our staff is amazing and they can take a great vacation and make it the vacation of a lifetime. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for his 50th birthday. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. We usually stay at only Marriott properties because we are very particular where we stay and the rooms have to be nice! We were both very happy with our choice! The pool and pool bars were great. They had quite the cocktail menu! You have to dine at the beach cafe for breakfast. Very good and reasonably priced! We thought it was the perfect location for just about everything Key West has to offer! We never used our car as we walked everywhere. Because the hotel is on the quieter side of Duval St. we had the best of both worlds. We walked up Duval a quarter to half mile where all the action was and walked back to the Hotel to wind down. You will not be disappointed!! One more thing, we loved the food at Square One which was right down the street!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We love to celebrate our guests’ special occasions and it’s wonderful your husband had such a nice birthday. I’m glad you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. When they were designed it was important that they provide our guests with the most luxurious amenities possible. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you in the future.

Been to Southernmost Hotel? Share your experiences!