“Great value and location in Key West” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Malaga
“Great value and location in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights with my family and had a fantastic time in key west. The room had 2 queen beds, a reasonably sized bathroom, more than suitable for my wife, 2 children and me for 5 nights. The hotel is literally on south beach, which has a restaurant, bar cafe on the beach which serves fantastic, well priced food and drink( as a hotel guest you receive a voucher for a free drink or shrimp starter). The beach is small but very safe and the hotel provides free loungers and towels to guests (the umbrellas cost $10 per day).
Highly recommended if you are planning a stay in Key West ( the hotel is at the opposite end of Duval st, away from the noisier end close to Mallory square, but still within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed July 2013
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so glad you and your family had a fantastic time with us while in Key West. We are fortunate to be located on the quieter end of Duval Street, a fact our guests really seem to value. Our award winning Southernmost Beach Café is just steps from any room on our property and offers a beautiful ocean front dining experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you and your family the next time your travels bring you to Key West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Arnold, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently traveled to Key West for the first time for my girlfriends Bachelorette party and I am so happy we decided to stay at the Southernmost Hotel. Everything about the Southernmost Hotel is fabulous; the spacious/comfortable rooms, all the pools/pool bars, the live entertainment, the hotel activities (beer/wine school, wall-hooky, water aerobics), but it’s the Hotel staff that makes it such a special place to stay. Everyone was beyond friendly and was always offering to help us plan our daily and evening activities. On various occasions the hotel happily arranged reservations for shows, boat trips, dinners, and shuttle services for our large party which was so helpful considering it was the groups first trip to Key West. By far my first trip to Key West is one of my most memorable experiences and I will always stay with my friends at the Southernmost Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad you ladies had such a fabulous time with us for your bachelorette party. We love to celebrate our guests special occasions and I’m glad our staff made you feel special while assisting you in your adventures. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service to every guest and it’s always so rewarding to hear when we succeed. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to having you and your friends back on a future visit.
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just got back from our vacation to Key West. We stayed three nights at the Southernmost Hotel and we had a great time. We were extremely happy with the location of the hotel and it was very easy to use all the amenities at the Southernmost Hotel on the beach. Walking down Duval street was fun and it was not a bad walk each day. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Southernmost Hotel. As part of the Southernmost Hotel Collection all of our guests are encouraged to use the entire facility which includes the Southernmost on the Beach and our award winning Southernmost Beach Café. Our convenient location to Duval Street provides easy access to all of the fun activities downtown Key West has to offer while being far enough removed to be a peaceful and relaxing slice of paradise. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Southernmost Hotel.
Olmsted Falls, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Going to go five stars like about everyone else here. Stayed in the junior penthouse suite, overlooking tranquility pool. Private entrance to these three suites, private balcony, kitchenette (which we did not know about ahead of time, so was a nice surprise), spacious, clean, updated.

While the desk staff seemed a bit indifferent (on arrival and departure, they seemed like they were 'putting out fires,'), everyone else was friendly and helpful. We are very low maintenance, so they were not too overbearing.

The beach cafe has above average food, and it's nice to grab a quick beverage from there while beaching it. The beach is smallish, but it's sand, it's the tropics, and even on the Fourth of July it was not overly crowded. We enjoyed the easy interaction and helpfulness of the beach personnel both days.

This is at the quiet end of Duval, but only a ten minute (interesting) walk from the heavy action on Lower Duval. So we alternated nights at the quieter wine establishments near this hotel with soliciting the Key West old favorites further uproar, like Willie T's, Caroline's, and Captain Tonys.

Tips:
*If you get this type of room, there is a corner grocery store on Simonton and South--right around the corner, which can fulfill lunch needs without breaking your budget ( though the grocery price is inflated )
*Concierge seemed helpful, but we found better scooter and jet ski prices independently
*Banana Cafe, a half block up Duval, is a nice restaurant
*Separate review for the best restaurant in Key West (IMO): Blue Heaven.

I know the hotels read these reviews. You did an excellent job!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our property. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with us and enjoyed our recently renovated junior penthouse suite. The location overlooking our Tranquility Pool is beautiful and the distant ocean view offered from the balcony is stunning. Thank you also for letting us know that we did an excellent job for you while you were with us. Exceptional customer service is what we strive to provide every guest every day and I am glad we were able to do this for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Overall a very nice resort with all the comforts that you would expect at a vacation location /resort.
The service overall was very pleasant and the facilities well maintained. The location is the best and very convenient to everything. The room was ample and recently redone and offered all the amenities one would expect. WIFI was included and worked well.

The only dissonant detail would be the restaurant. I had dinner there on the day of arrival and the food was only so so and the glass for my beverage was dirty and should have never left the bar.
This detracted me from ever going back and made me choose a breakfast location within walking distance.
A nice respite after days on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and complimentary wi-fi. In addition to free wi-fi our resort also offers complimentary parking, beach towels, lounge chairs, the use of 3 pools, 3 bars, a fitness center and 2 business centers. I’m sorry to read that your experience at our award winning Southernmost Beach Café was less than perfect and I will be sure to share your comments with our Café management team. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to making your next stay with us exceptional.
Valrico, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This is our first visit to Key West. I read the reviews for the Southernmost Hotel and that was my deciding factor. We have had the best time and we actually are staying an extra night. We will tell our friends in Tampaand plan on making this a favorite destination. Thank you to the staff including Tanner at the front desk for a wonderful time. :-)

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so glad that the reviews of our property helped you decide to stay with us and that you enjoyed it so much you extended your stay. Key West offers many fine lodging choices and we are honored you chose our resort for your first visit. Tanner will be pleased to know he helped make your stay wonderful; he is certainly an asset to our team. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to making your next visit to our resort even better.
Miramar, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. I purchased two beers and tried to give the bartender a $10 tip and he said, "Ma'am that's too much. I could never take that much for serving two beers." Your I gave him a $5 bill and said "There - I need these 1's.". He laughed and thanked me graciously. My room was very clean and perfectly renovated. Parking was NO problem. I would recommend this place to my mom.

Room Tip: Rooms near Tranquility pool are very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is certainly high praise that you would recommend our resort to your mother. I hope a future visit finds you and your mother both relaxing pool side enjoying an icy cold beverage together. While I am not surprised, I am so pleased to read about the exceptional customer service our bartender provided. In my opinion our resort employs some of the best people to be found anywhere and they truly make the difference between a nice vacation and an unforgettable one. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you and your mother the next time you visit Key West.

Been to Southernmost Hotel? Share your experiences!