I travelled to Southernmost on the Beach for a few days after a holiday in Orlando and travelled down to the Keys with my boyfriend. I debated over which hotel to pick for so long as there are so many choices!
However I truly loved Southernmost on the Beach. Wonderful, wonderful hotel. We stayed in a deluxe King with balcony so sadly we didn't have a view of the ocean, however my boyfriend being the practical one said there was no point paying quite a lot more when we will hardly be in the room. He is right of course, but I still would've loved the view!
The room was comfortable, fantastic bed of a decent size and lovely plush pillows. Huge bathroom with large walk in shower, plus safe and full size fridge which was great.
Main pool was gorgeous, very clean and warm, although we did spend a lot of time on the tanning pier as the breeze was lovely and cooling. Beware the breeze though, it's deceptive and I got quite badly sunburnt but that is my own fault!!
Only thing I would say is that SMOB is completely other end of Duval from the main action and its further than you realise. And in the heat, in delicate jewelled flip flops I found it far too far to walk, however it's only $10 in a cab. Do not bother with the pedicabs, waste of money and tourist rip off! I didn't mind being that far away, but it did mean getting a cab. Concierge are excellent and will call you a cab and it arrives in a couple of minutes.
Other comment is that being from the UK and not having children, my boyfriend and I went in early September as nobody who doesn't need to gets a flight to Florida in June - August! So whilst it was still lovely and hot, lots of places are closed in September as its quiet time which was hugely disappointing especially as I really wanted to go to Better than Sex dessert restaurant but it was closed for vacation.
Overall though, we loved SMOB and would absolutely stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost on the Beach stretches out on a secluded section of the island, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. Complimenting our collection of dynamic hotels in historic Key West, Southernmost on the Beach’s private pier offers a front row seat to the Atlantic Ocean’s spectacular sunrises and winter sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Southernmost on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel