This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at. It gave a feel of a resort more so than a hotel. We stayed at the Southernmost on the Beach propert.
Check in: Easy as can be, the staff was great and showed us exactly where our room would be on the map.
The Room: We got a partial ocean view room (not to be mistaken with the ocean view room..which I've seen some people complaining about on here. If it says partial, it's partial people, not a full view lol). We got a room on the second floor next to a full ocean view room so our view was great. Sat on the deck and overlooked the ocean from an angle. Was fine with us. The room as beautiful. Clean, a lot of room and good light. The bathroom was nice and big and the shower was fantastic. The balcony was clean and had a great view. I did see people complaining about the A/C and how it wouldn't turn on at times so they got hot..if they paid attention there was light switch when you enter the room where you stick your key card into. This gives you the full control of the A/C as this is an energy efficient property. I will agree that perhaps there should be a bigger sign of the front desk should mention this is how you work the A/C. But we figured it out and it was fine.
The Grounds: Exceptional. Clean, well kept. They have Hammocks hanging around the private beach area which was nice. Great seating areas to lay out and over look the ocean. The tanning pier was great as well. Just walk down the steps and your in the ocean. Be on the look out tho, the fish like to swim around there so you may have some company. We even saw two Manatee's swim up to the pier! Although the private beach isn't really a "beach", they have an actual beach next to the property that is open to the public as well next to the beach cafe. The pool's and pool bars were awesome as well. The grounds were so beautiful that I decided to propose to my now fiance on the private beach overlooking the ocean :)
Concierge: Bryan is awesome. He was very helpful and knowledgeable on the the area and the activities. He helped us with every need we had. Jules was fantastic as well and hooked us up on a sunset cruise.
Food: The food was great, I really had no complaints. Only bummer is there is no room service but the beach cafe is a short walk away.
Overall if you're to stay in Key West, this is the place to stay. Do your research on the rooms as not all of them are going to have a clear view of the ocean. Look at the user photos here on trip advisor. Of course, you'll pay more for the ocean view or partial view but I'm telling you, it's worth it. The reviews here on trip advisor is what really made our decision in staying here and we're glad we did. We did get wind that they are selling the properties which is a bummer. We hope that they sell to the right buyer or corporation that won't change the way Southernmost does business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost on the Beach stretches out on a secluded section of the island, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. Complimenting our collection of dynamic hotels in historic Key West, Southernmost on the Beach’s private pier offers a front row seat to the Atlantic Ocean’s spectacular sunrises and winter sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Southernmost on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel