“Great location, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Key West
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great location, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel has it all: great location, beautiful views of the ocean, contemporary and clean rooms, and friendly staff. This is the second time we have stayed here and it will continue to be the only place we will stay on future trips to key west. Every staff member is friendly and they go out of their way to ensure you have everything you need. You can walk to the Southernmost Point and to Duvall Street where all of the stores, restaurants, and bars are. The Southernmost Beach Cafe has excellent breakfast and great happy hour specials with an ocean view.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We ate at the Southernmost Beach Cafe when we were visiting Key West last year and decided that this year we would treat ourselves to staying in the hotel as it looked so pretty and the staff at the cafe were great. We had a beautiful room overlooking the ocean (deluxe king) and it really was a gorgeous room. We had hoped that this would be a peaceful romantic place to stay as it is at the quiet end of Duval. Although we avoided Fantasy Fest, we coincided with a wedding which resulted in drunken groups on their balconies at 4am. Our neighbours smoked cigars (very Key West thing to do!) on their balcony and the balconies are so close together it came straight into our room. There was live music at the next resort or somewhere just along the beach from 11am - 11pm. One night the fire alarm went off at 4am, it was deafening (which it should be), we opened the door and I literally got blinded as the alarm was right beside the door, a foot away from my eyes - it took 30 mins to see properly. I wouldn't have minded but nobody else came out, there was no explanation, no apology for another disrupted night and obviously no fire! We had practically the top priced room available at New York/London prices and for that I expect a decent night's sleep. A great room doesn't make a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost on the Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to apologize for the noise and disruption you experienced during your peaceful and romantic getaway. Our alarm system triggering at 4a.m. was certainly unfortunate but the good news is that our system works and keeps all of our guests safe. The bad news is that it went off at 4a.m. Key West is a very popular destination with many weddings, events and festivals occurring, especially during Fantasy Fest, and can draw quite a rowdy crowd. I can understand your frustration at the noisy neighbors and I hope you called our 24 hour night watch to hush the party. As all of our rooms and balconies are non-smoking it is disappointing to read that inconsiderate guests ignored our posted policy. I would encourage any guests disturbed by another guests smoking on our balconies to contact the front desk so the issue can be addressed and corrected. At the Southernmost Hotel Collection it is our goal to provide every guest with exceptional customer service and I hope if your travels ever bring you back to Key West you will give us an opportunity to impress you with our ability to improve and excel. Kind regards and thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Sauk City, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend and I decided that Key West would be a good choice for Halloween - first time that either of us had been there. Travel agent told us the Southernmost is a good place to stay. She was certainly right - the staff, from the front desk, concierge, maids, and maintenance crew were all friendly and helpful. Our trip was jam-packed with outings and adventures. The pool and pool bar were great, and we could cross the street to the Southernmost on the Beach for more excellent food, drinks and fun there. Could not have been happier with this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We were just there for a destination wedding. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The staff around the pool ( especially Greg) were very attentive, upbeat, fun-loving and truly loved their job! There was live music at the pool and on the west lawn to watch the sunset! The beachside cafe was fabulous. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was so much fun! Edwin was a great waiter. I would stay there every time I travelled to the Keys!

Stayed November 2012
syracuse ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had an ocean pier view top floor and was great! Beautiful sun set! Only thing that I was not impressed with was concierge and restaurant. First night we was there we ate at the beach restaurant mixed drinks were great food food was for sure a cook not a chef and way overpriced in my opinion! Second day we had concierge set us up with activitys great job only she forgot about the boat races the next morning so we got up early to get to our appointments just to be told the harbor was closed, a plus got to watch races for half a day and Fury just rebooked us! Had to return next day to complete activitys! Great messages recommend Rachel and Amy

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

WOW! I could not resist to post my first review here regarding this hotel! My husband and I spent our 1st year anniversary here and it was nothing short of AMAZING! We had an oceanview room on the west lawn and waking up every morning to the breathtaking view was priceless! Hands down we would not stay anywhere else even if it was paid for! Duval Street is wild and fun and there are a few other nice hotels at the other end of the street, but they cannot compare to the experience at the Southernmost on the Beach! Counting down the days until we return!!

Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Key West is nothing if not highly entertaining! It absolutely marches to the beat of a different drummer and we had a wonderful time people watching and enjoying the culture. We were there during FantasyFest and wow seems to be the only word that captures it all!! Southernmost on the Beach is a beautiful property albeit somewhat pricey yet comparatively not so much.
Here are the things that I liked. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the beds very comfortable, the decor lovely, the bathroom roomy and beautiful and clean. The shower was huge. The overall feeling of the room is luxurious. I loved the fact that you had a private deck and somewhat of an ocean view to enjoy. Fortunately we were located on the west side of our building allowing us shade on our deck in the afternoon to enjoy a glass of wine. Coffee was complimentary at the pool every morning. The pools were maintained nicely and the beach pool had a nice bar plus servers. Parking was included and since it was early in the week there was plenty available. There was no resort fee.
Here are the things that I did not like: I did not like the fact that there was only a shower in the bathroom, no tub with no information as to whether this was the case in all rooms or just our room. Since all of the rooms were approached from an outside hallway it felt more like a motel than a luxurious hotel as the price denotes yet we are in the tropics so that is not uncommon. I did not like that the pool was not located closer to the water (it does have a water view) giving a more serene feel to the pool experience and it was very crowded each day. Even though it was early in the week before the real FantasyFest celebrations began the pool was crowded. There are three pools on this property but the other two are a hike from the Southernmost on the Beach property and this pool seemed to attract the guests from all three properties thus making it even more crowded. There was a pool designated for adults only and that was VERY nice but it excluded any sort of water view yet it gave a spa feel which I would have liked to have experienced had I had more time. The beach was very small but there are few beaches in Key West so having a beach at all was great. The actual spa was very small and not luxurious. That was a disappointment to me as I was really hoping to have a great spa experience along with this hotel but that was not the case. I would love to see them expand upon that feature.
Overall this is a beautifully kept property and everyone was accommodating and helpful and I am sure you will be pleased.

Room Tip: I would request to see the room that they are designating for your stay before you commit to a locat...