“Great room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 40 hotels in Key West
syracuse ks
“Great room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had an ocean pier view top floor and was great! Beautiful sun set! Only thing that I was not impressed with was concierge and restaurant. First night we was there we ate at the beach restaurant mixed drinks were great food food was for sure a cook not a chef and way overpriced in my opinion! Second day we had concierge set us up with activitys great job only she forgot about the boat races the next morning so we got up early to get to our appointments just to be told the harbor was closed, a plus got to watch races for half a day and Fury just rebooked us! Had to return next day to complete activitys! Great messages recommend Rachel and Amy

2,081 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Polish first
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

WOW! I could not resist to post my first review here regarding this hotel! My husband and I spent our 1st year anniversary here and it was nothing short of AMAZING! We had an oceanview room on the west lawn and waking up every morning to the breathtaking view was priceless! Hands down we would not stay anywhere else even if it was paid for! Duval Street is wild and fun and there are a few other nice hotels at the other end of the street, but they cannot compare to the experience at the Southernmost on the Beach! Counting down the days until we return!!

Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Key West is nothing if not highly entertaining! It absolutely marches to the beat of a different drummer and we had a wonderful time people watching and enjoying the culture. We were there during FantasyFest and wow seems to be the only word that captures it all!! Southernmost on the Beach is a beautiful property albeit somewhat pricey yet comparatively not so much.
Here are the things that I liked. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the beds very comfortable, the decor lovely, the bathroom roomy and beautiful and clean. The shower was huge. The overall feeling of the room is luxurious. I loved the fact that you had a private deck and somewhat of an ocean view to enjoy. Fortunately we were located on the west side of our building allowing us shade on our deck in the afternoon to enjoy a glass of wine. Coffee was complimentary at the pool every morning. The pools were maintained nicely and the beach pool had a nice bar plus servers. Parking was included and since it was early in the week there was plenty available. There was no resort fee.
Here are the things that I did not like: I did not like the fact that there was only a shower in the bathroom, no tub with no information as to whether this was the case in all rooms or just our room. Since all of the rooms were approached from an outside hallway it felt more like a motel than a luxurious hotel as the price denotes yet we are in the tropics so that is not uncommon. I did not like that the pool was not located closer to the water (it does have a water view) giving a more serene feel to the pool experience and it was very crowded each day. Even though it was early in the week before the real FantasyFest celebrations began the pool was crowded. There are three pools on this property but the other two are a hike from the Southernmost on the Beach property and this pool seemed to attract the guests from all three properties thus making it even more crowded. There was a pool designated for adults only and that was VERY nice but it excluded any sort of water view yet it gave a spa feel which I would have liked to have experienced had I had more time. The beach was very small but there are few beaches in Key West so having a beach at all was great. The actual spa was very small and not luxurious. That was a disappointment to me as I was really hoping to have a great spa experience along with this hotel but that was not the case. I would love to see them expand upon that feature.
Overall this is a beautifully kept property and everyone was accommodating and helpful and I am sure you will be pleased.

Room Tip: I would request to see the room that they are designating for your stay before you commit to a locat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the bed and breakfast le mere after seeing it on a cruise a few years ago and decided to go back and stay there. We stayed 3 nights and we lived it!! Great location , good price and most of all great room and great staff fussing over you in an unobtrusive way. 3 pools to choose from of which 2 with a bar. Rooms where clean and well appointed. Coffee machine but allas no tea in the room. We will definitely be back.
Well done to the housekeeping team
Jos and Maggie Koervers

• Stayed November 2012
Pingree Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What an AMAZING & LOVELY hotel! We only had the pleasure of staying overnight, but WOW! were we impressed! This was our 1st trip to Key West and it won't be our last!! I found the hotel on TripAdvisor and am so glad I did! We were very impressed at the quaint beauty and friendly staff at the hotel! Dexter was an absolute doll and I just wanted to jump behind the counter and {{HUG}} him after he was finished checking us in! My husband sustained and injury earlier in the day while on a boating trip and Dexter took the time, while I was looking at documents, to check online as to how to take care of the injury. THEN, he took the time to let us know what we needed to do and where to go to get it! I have never been so impressed with the quality of the customer service we received. Not to mention, the rooms are BEAUTIFUL! The Cafe was DELICIOUS! There are nothing but good things I could say about this hotel & its staff!
We are so happy with our experience that we cannot wait to come back!! Just might become an annual trip for our family! Thanks again Southernmost for making our vacation PERFECT!!

Room Tip: Just ask! I told the clerk on the phone that we wanted a room with a view of the ocean and that is e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great stay, rooms were well kept, Heather by the pool was an awsome server! Love the beach and the overall tropical feel. They had music by the water during sunset by a female singer/guitarist who had the coolest drummer with her playing the most unique instrument I had ever seen (very cool). My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the entire staff was extremely accommodating. Will be returning next year for sure, dont change a thing!

Room Tip: Go for the secluded beach front rooms!
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first trip to Key West, and I could not have spent it in a better hotel! Everyone was so friendly, the rooms were current and clean, the food was fantastic and the location could not be beat. I have nothing bad to say about this experience!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Southernmost on the Beach? Share your experiences!