“WHAT A PERFECT GEM! SO HAPPY WE FOUND IT!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Key West
Pingree Grove, Illinois
“WHAT A PERFECT GEM! SO HAPPY WE FOUND IT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What an AMAZING & LOVELY hotel! We only had the pleasure of staying overnight, but WOW! were we impressed! This was our 1st trip to Key West and it won't be our last!! I found the hotel on TripAdvisor and am so glad I did! We were very impressed at the quaint beauty and friendly staff at the hotel! Dexter was an absolute doll and I just wanted to jump behind the counter and {{HUG}} him after he was finished checking us in! My husband sustained and injury earlier in the day while on a boating trip and Dexter took the time, while I was looking at documents, to check online as to how to take care of the injury. THEN, he took the time to let us know what we needed to do and where to go to get it! I have never been so impressed with the quality of the customer service we received. Not to mention, the rooms are BEAUTIFUL! The Cafe was DELICIOUS! There are nothing but good things I could say about this hotel & its staff!
We are so happy with our experience that we cannot wait to come back!! Just might become an annual trip for our family! Thanks again Southernmost for making our vacation PERFECT!!

Room Tip: Just ask! I told the clerk on the phone that we wanted a room with a view of the ocean and that is e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great stay, rooms were well kept, Heather by the pool was an awsome server! Love the beach and the overall tropical feel. They had music by the water during sunset by a female singer/guitarist who had the coolest drummer with her playing the most unique instrument I had ever seen (very cool). My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the entire staff was extremely accommodating. Will be returning next year for sure, dont change a thing!

Room Tip: Go for the secluded beach front rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first trip to Key West, and I could not have spent it in a better hotel! Everyone was so friendly, the rooms were current and clean, the food was fantastic and the location could not be beat. I have nothing bad to say about this experience!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 6 days at the end of September to celebrate my 40th birthday. Key West is not the easiest place to get to from the UK and I was completely exhausted when we finally arrived very late at night. Wally on reception was really welcoming and thankfully the bar was still open for a few well earned beers.
We booked an ocean view room which was lovely. I must give credit to the housekeeping staff, as this was probably the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The toiletries were very nice and the little coffee maker was excellent. I loved sitting in the bay window seat watching the sun rise with a nice cup of coffee in the morning.
The gardens were also immaculate and I spent many happy hours lying in a hammock with my nose in a book.
The coin operated laundry room was a life saver when we ran out of clean T-shirts (unprepared for the humidity) and the fitness room was excellent too.
All the hotel staff we met were absolutely lovely, but especially Ronnie at the Shores bar who seems to share my enthusiasm for 80's pop music!
The hotel location is brilliant, not too far from Duval St and a short walk to everywhere you'd want to go.
The food and range of craft beers at the Southermost Cafe are really good and Ana's Cuban Cafe across the road does great breakfast sandwiches.
The only reason this wasn't a 5 star review was that the air conditioning in the room was pretty loud and even with ear plugs I didn't sleep well. Also, I would have preferred a private balcony.
This wouldn't stop me going back though, if it wasn't quite so far away I'd go tomorrow!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost on the Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. Happy Birthday and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Our goal is to provide Excellent Customer Service to every guest every day and to know we were able to do this on your birthday is so gratifying. I want to thank you for mentioning the A/C unit in your room and would like to ask, if you wouldn't mind, to please contact me directly and let me know which room this was so we can address this issue immediately. I realize you were visiting us from the UK but I do hope that if you find yourself in Key West again you will visit us and let us pamper you, birthday or not! Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Lovely rooms and accommodating staff. The location is great- spend time lying on a hammock by the ocean with no distractions, or take a short walk and experience Duval st, hemmingway's house, Trumans "little Whitehouse" and all the things in your tour book, or not! Great live music both week nights i was there so dont know if they do this every night but it was lovely to watch the sunset and enjoy some tunes and a glass of wine while doing so! The only thing I found odd is there was no room service (dining) and you had to go to the cafe/restaurant on the beach for takeaway. The other downside was that their food was only average, at best! The staff manning the cafe were really nice and helpful and the service fast, but the quality of the food was a star or two less than the hotel's star rating! Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and value for money excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Southernnmost on the Beach is a beautifully appointed, well situated spot to enjoy Key West and all it offers. Room was spacious, bright, nicely decorated, with lots of storage space and good sized bathroom. Property features an "adult" pool, fitness center, laundry room, computer usage and terrific Beachfront Cafe and Bar--a true find! Excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and stellar service from friendly staff--shout-outs to Ashley, Jen and Petra, all energetic, friendly, helpful servers. We look forward to returning to this top-value property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I agree with all the 4 and 5 star reviews, there is nothing more I can say. This is a great place to stay in Key West. Staff: Helpful and friendly. Pool: Cool and clean. Restaurant: Great food and excellent service. Room: Immaculate. We've already recommended this property to others. We we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Southernmost on the Beach? Share your experiences!