After reading the TA reviews, we had high expectations. All of the staff was very pleasant. What was not pleasant was that they were doing repairs in the rooms on both sides of us...removing slate flooring with a jackhammer all day one day. It was unbearable. We could not hear each other talk standing 2 feet away in the room. Had we know this in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. We complained and they said the noise was almost over for the day. We left and returned a little before 5:00 and the noise continued. We complained again. They did comp us for one night. They did not have a comparable room to offer us. Housekeeping missed us one day and we had to call. The beach, to us, was not really a beach. We didn't even step in the water once the week we were there and most of our vacations are to a beach to enjoy the beach and the water. The Shores bar was great as was the bartender, Ronnie. Southermost Beach Cafe was also very good. We dined there a couple of times plus went to happy hour a couple of times for drinks and appies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost on the Beach stretches out on a secluded section of the island, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. Complimenting our collection of dynamic hotels in historic Key West, Southernmost on the Beach’s private pier offers a front row seat to the Atlantic Ocean’s spectacular sunrises and winter sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Southernmost on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel