“The Perfect Place to Stay in Key West!” 5 of 5 stars

$20 TripAdvisor Discount
Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersGold level
Chico, California
“The Perfect Place to Stay in Key West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Seriously the Orchid Key Inn is perfect! Located within walking distace to EVERYTHING! It is a small inn with very nicely decorated rooms. There is a geat little bar next to the pool with amazing wines and drinks and a happy hour! They serve a superb continental breakfast that you can enjoy by the pool. They even set pool towels out on the lounge chairs every morning for their guests. It is small but intimate where the staff feels like family. Speaking of staff, the front desk agent Brandon is THE BEST!!!! He was so helpful. When we had a small problem with the room he went out of his way to help us and along with the owner? Andy (this man is amazing too)the problem was resolved. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We wish we could have stayed longer and we cant wait to return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

1,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

This lovely place was recommended by a friend who lives in KW. I simply can't wait to get back. Just needed some me time and slipped away for a day. Slept soundly like I haven't in a long time. Rooms are impeccably clean. Bright colors and modern decor. Loved the shower, amenities, happy hour and breakfast, in that order! A touch of class in everything. Perfect location. Close to the action on Duval, yet tucked away from the noise, hustle and bustle of the nighttime party crowd. My only regret is not being able to stay longer. The staff is A+. I will see you soon!! Thanks for a perfect getaway!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights at Orchid Key Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted by Brandon, which was the nicest hotel lobbyist we had ever dealt with. He went above and beyond his job by booking reservations for us at restaurants, as well as guiding us in the right direction with places to go and see. Every evening we would ask his opinion on where he would recommend us to go based on what we were looking for. Never once did he disappoint us with the selections.
The rooms at this property are very nice and clean. The bathrooms feature a large tile shower with glass enclosure. The maid service always did a nice job everyday making up the rooms. Every morning the grounds keeper Andy would empty the trash around the whole property outside. Not only did he empty the trash bins but he went to the extent of wiping them all down on the outside each time to be sure they were clean. The property is very clean and well kept. Everywhere you look there is attention to detail. The hot tub was always clean as well as the pool.
The continental breakfast that was served each morning was very nice with multiple things to choose from with a variety of options. This was not your typical continental breakfast at your average hotel, neither was the service. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking to stay in Key West, Florida. The location was perfect, it was close to the beach and within walking distance to all of Duval Street. Thanks to everyone at the Orchid Key Inn for allowing us to have a great vacation!!

Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Great location, in a quiet section of Duval Street but a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants. Rooms were very modern and well appointed, though storage space was extremely limited - we had to live out of our suitcases. The room had a big flat-screen TV, but strangely was not HD. A decent continental breakfast is included, along with a free drink at happy hour, as long as you get there between 5:00 and 6:00. Parking cost $8 per day - not sure why this was not complimentary. The office staff was helpful, but we had one unfortunate incident. The person in the office recommended a fine dining restaurant, and told us we had reservations. When we arrived, they had never heard of us or the person from our hotel, and we ended up at a much less elegant place because it was a Saturday night and by then all of the good places were booked. The desk clerk later expressed anger at the restaurant but only offered us a half-hearted apology. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. After that we booked our own reservations.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

...the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms are small but very comfortable and the complimentary early evening drink and nibbles was a lovely touch. Excellent location for walking to all the sights in Key West. My husband and I had a lovely mid week break here, in fact, we enjoyed it so much we stayed for an extra night!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We made a spur of the moment decision to go to Key West for a long anniversary weekend. I found the hotel on the website and thought it was worth a try. My husband and I both travel quite a bit for work and have experienced many different hotels. I can say without hesitation, this hotel is wonderful! It is small but nicely updated and pays attention to the little details that make the difference when you travel. The location is perfect--easy to see the historical sites, museums, galleries, resturants, shopping and all the things that make Key West so engaging. When we checked in Brandon was at the desk and had great recommendations for resturants and information about everything we wanted to do. We had been to Key West a couple of times and my impression of it was so-so. I am so glad we went back and stayed at this hotel. Using the Orchid Key Inn as a base, we were able to experience the city in a completely different way and now understand why Key West has all her loyal return visitors. We will definately go back and will stay at this hotel.

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

The 5 star reviews are well deserved. After reading the reviews, I called to make a reservation and talked to Brandon who was most helpful and booked my reservation for my first trip to Key West. Upon arrival, Brandon was at the front desk and provided me with all the 411 I could ask for. This is the best remodeled hotel I have ever visited. It is very apparent that they spared no expense on the details of the rooms. The only slight flaw were the pillows-a little to bouncy for my tastes. Happy hour was great in the intimate but elegant bar. Great location-great value-flawless service. Complimentary breakfast was very good. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Orchid Key Inn? Share your experiences!