“The Only Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Key West
Venice, Florida
“The Only Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is the only place I will stay when we visit Key West. It is the most beautiful, luxurious and most of all relaxing place to stay. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!! I love the fact we park the car all weekend and rent scooters at Andy's one block away and just have fun. I look forward to our weekend every year and book way in advance to guarantee our reservation. The accommodations are simply the best and I am so wishing we could be there now!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent very quiet small enough not to have to worry about where you will be placed.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This has to be one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at! The hotel and room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The location was close enough to all of the excitement yet far enough away from the late night crowd. I felt extremely safe and the whole staff was friendly, very inviting, and very helpful on booking daily excursions. I must say that The Orchid Key Inn was 100 times nicer than the Westin that my fiance and I stayed at in Fort Lauderdale.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just returned from a quick 3 day mid-week getaway and have nothing but high praise to sing for the Orchid Key Inn. It was totally comfortable, chill and immaculate. Kim at the front desk and Alex at the adorable on-site bar were delightful and fun hosts and they steered us in just the right direction for a bunch of terrific meals and sights. And though very central. the property is outside of the "down and dirty" touristy end of Duvall.
Well done! We will definitely return to this cozy, delightful oasis.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Absolutely Clean and Comfortable Rooms, in a Quiet, Safe & Perfect Location, with a Friendly and Efficient Staff, surrounded by a Beautiful Garden, we Recommend 100% the Orchid Key Inn! Parking and WIFI available!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I couldn't agree more with all of the people on here who have said this is a wonderful place to stay! We were at the Orchid Key for 4 nights and absolutely loved everything about it. Kim was amazing at the front desk- she booked excursions for us and even had beach towels ready for a little jet ski outing we planned. The free breakfast was plentiful- pastries, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, juice, etc. We enjoyed the complimentary drinks at the bar during happy hour, as well as the quaintness and "vibe" inside. The pool was a perfect, refreshing temperature and it was nice to have cool music playing while we relaxed and soaked up the sun. There was also complimentary fruit-infused water and cups just off of the pool, which was very refreshing in the Florida heat.

Our room was modern and super clean. We loved the wine chiller/fridge and Keurig coffee maker in the room! An appreciated and unexpected surprise were the cleansing make-up remover towelettes in the bathroom (something I had forgotten to pack!). Most of the rooms are around the pool and I was worried that we would hear people swimming at night, but we never heard a thing once we slipped into bed. The location of the Orchid Key was perfect- within walking distance to everything, but far enough from the "action" so that we didn't hear a thing at nighttime. We enjoyed walking everywhere (which allowed us to indulge in food and drinks) and my pedometer said I averaged 12,000 steps each day.

We will most definitely stay at the Orchid Key the next time we are in Key West and I will recommend it to anyone who asks about places to stay in Key West!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

TripAdvisor strikes again at recommending a great hotel. It looks like an old motor inn from the outside, but is way nicer than you might think. The rooms are renovated to be downright luxurious. Breakfast is good, pool was greatly appreciated mid-day, the drink vouchers they gave us for the pool bar were awesome. We got lots of great tips from the office staff, plus the usual stack of Key West bar coupons that everybody has around.

What was most important to me was a nice hotel in a good location, and this delivered. The hotel is next door to the Hemingway House, near Blue Heaven, a couple blocks from the Southernmost Point photo-op, and a short walk to the craziness of Duval Street's main drag. A diehard partier might want to be closer to the action but we didn't mind the walk, and I suspect we had a quieter night because of it.

Two tips: rent bikes, because when it's hot out you want the breeze and to get from point A to B quickly. We rented from Conch Cruisers across the street, just behind Denny's. And just past the Hemingway House is the Six Toed Cat, a great brunch spot.

I would most definitely stay here again next time I'm in Key West.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My Girlfriend and I are consistent users of Trip Advisor when it comes to planning our one vacation a year. The reviews at this boutique hotel were all good, so we booked a vacation at this venue. We were not disappointed, and thought the place was excellent. The room was great, with a big shower,fridge, and comfortable bed. Breakfast every morning poolside was awesome, and the staff was great as well. Location could not be better, and close to tons of restauranst and shops.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Orchid Key Inn? Share your experiences!