“Best Experience being a guest here!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1004 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Special Offer
$10 TripAdvisor Discount
Ranked #2 of 41 hotels in Key West
“Best Experience being a guest here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can say, hands down, this was my best experience being a hotel guest. Let me list the reasons why...

#1 - The personal service. From the moment I called I felt the staff cared that this trip was enjoyable for us! Amy took the time to answer my questions. The fact that all the staff did the little things made it wonderfuk. Like coming out and picking up a used pool towel and bringing clean ones out, stopping to deadhead a flower, like the cleaning lady coming from across the way because she saw I was locked out or bringing a taste of frozen drink to sample, or the ladies in the morning remembering I like hot tea! From recommendations on places to go, to calling to get us in places, to asking how an excursion was, to just being interested in getting to know their guests...this is what personalized service is.

#2- The amazing quaint property. The complete remodel of the property created a retro modern look. When you walk in from Truman or Duval it is like you are in an oasis. The landscaping is beautiful. The pool was nice, clean and just the perfect temp. The lounges were great! And there is enough sun versus shade seats. The rooms were clean! They are not big, but this is not the kind of place where you need to hangout in your room! Go sit by the pool to read or have a drink. And the showers...fantabulous! (I would love to see pictures hotel before the remodel.)

I can say without a shadow of a doubt we will return to the Orchid Key Inn on our next trip. I want to personally thank Brandon for doing such a great job of helping us. Betty, your drinks are the best! And all of the staff, thank you!

Also, I would like to let the owners know that every staff member I spoke to about you talked so highly of you both. It is very clear that you care about your staff. This is having a huge impact on the staff and how they treat your guests! Keep up the good work and I hope your business continues to thrive!

• Stayed May 2013

1,181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Rosemount, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We came to Key West for our 30th Anniversary and were greeted with amazing service,nice clean comfortable rooms, great recommendations from the staff (Brandon & Kim), and we felt it was very convenient to all the fun times on north AND south Duval! We stayed for a full week and walked to all the hot spots, sunsets and activities. Free breakfast was a great way to start the day and Happy Hour with a free drink each night was a great way to start the evening activities and meet many other couples from all over! Staff could not have been more helpful and was always willing to tell us about something unique to do or someplace unique to see. We followed Expedia's advice for a sunset cruise (big mistake), but Kim saved the day by booking a sunset dinner reservation at Latitude on Sunset Key for a great romantic dinner on the beach. We could not have picked a better place to stay!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room in this small hotel.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I came with no reservations after leaving another hotel in the area. Kim met us at the front desk and was amazing! She showed us the one room that was available and we fell in love! The king suite was amazing, everything you could want and more. She than negotiated us a great rate.... And invited us to stay for the complimentary breakfast before we retrieved our things from our old hotel. The breakfast is a nice and fresh continental and the coffee is good too! We relaxed by the small but beautiful pool in the afternoons, complete with lemon/lime/orange water, so refreshing. Brandon, Trudy and Betty took care if us in the evenings and at the bar during happy hour. They had nice fresh drinks and some light snacks.... Perfect before a long night on the town.

I could not say enough about this wonderful hotel and its staff, they are all fantastic. Everyone went above and beyond and made it a truly special visit. This will be our new home away from home when we visit Key West. I am already counting down till we can come visit next year! Do not hesitate to book your next stay here, you will no leave disappointed!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Rated among the top #10 small hotels in the US, and I can imagine why. From the extremely courteous staff member in the reception and the fresh and clean spacious room (with complimentary fruit!), to the cozy outdoors area and the great location; this was a true pleasure. $9 parking and a bit small (but nice!) breakfast are the only slight drawbacks, but this was still a top lodging experience.

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Orchid Key Inn from 5/11 thru 5/19. The staff is wonderful. Most of our contact was with Brandon and Kim who are both wonderful. The ladies who prepare the continental breakfast every morning are some of the nicest you will meet. Our room was comfortable, quiet and very clean. We also though the location was perfect. It's hidden away on Duval, if that's possible. We would definitely stay there again.

Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Orchid Key Inn was a fabulous experience. My husband and I stayed in one of their poolside rooms for 4 nights and it definitely became a little home away from home for us. Upon arrival we were checked in by Brandon (who was such a great concierge the entire time) and given each a drink card for the nights we were staying. Our room was poolside and very quiet. The entire place was very clean and well kept. The room had a small welcome fruit basket with a letter explaining their complimentary breakfast and the happy hour drink cards we received.

As others have stated, the hotel is on the quieter end of Duval St. This is NOT a bad thing. You are about a 5 minute walk to that hustle and bustle and there are plenty of shops and restaurants along the way. The majority of the clientele at the hotel were a little older than my husband and I, as we are in our late 20s, but we appreciated having calm guests surrounding us instead of wild partiers.

One of our favorite parts of the hotel was that the pool stays open at night. After walking around at night, it was nice to come back and jump in the pool and hot tub. My one suggestion to the staff would be to possibly keep a small skimmer near the pool area, just in case a bug or some leaves fall in. I don't mind scooping that out myself but it can be hard to do with your hand. During the day, each beach chair has a tightly wrapped towel on it for your use and they are constantly replenished throughout the day. The concierge also let us take those on our snorkeling trip and our trip to the beach, which was helpful.

Overall, this was a fantastic trip. The Orchid Key exceeded my expectations and made my trip very memorable.

Room Tip: I would recommend poolside.
Green Features: Just like most hotels, the Orchid Key replenishes towels and sheets when you request them by leaving them on the floor, etc.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

After our wedding last week, our husband and I needed a mini-moon (mini-honeymoon) to just decompress from all the activity so we headed to Key West and to the Orchid Key Inn. It's ideally located, being right on Duval, walking distance from anything you might want to do. The service was incredible, everyone greeting us with a smile or a congrats. Kim, one of the women who works the desk, went out of her way to get us reservations for dinner plus complimentary wine at the restaurant and when my husband and I returned to our room that evening, there was a bottle of Champagne waiting for us.
Everything was really beautiful. The room was beautifully decorated and provided the serenity needed after the craziness of a wedding. We stayed in the spa room and the spa tub was worth the extra money. The complimentary breakfast in the morning had a nice spread and throughout the day, you could find citrus-infused water by the pool.
All in all, the Orchid Key Inn made our mini-moon a success and I know that any time we return to Key West, we'll be staying with the Orchid.

Room Tip: we stayed in a corner room, the spa suite, and it was well worth the extra money. Large room, kitche...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Orchid Key Inn? Share your experiences!