My brother and I stayed here in one of the private rooms. I would definitely not return, and recommend staying elsewhere.
- nice courtyard
- so-so location
- not totally filthy
- A/C was adequate (in January at night)
- in-room fridge
- Very little social atmosphere - very surprising for a hostel in a vacation town.
- Tiny (twin size), ancient, hard beds.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the lovely courtyard, on pain of immediate eviction without refund (is this legal in FL?). Thus the courtyard is much much less pleasant for socializing than it otherwise would be. This was one of a whole list of petty, fascist "rules" guests are required to sign when checking in.
- Floor was kinda dirty - like it had been swept, but not mopped recently.
- No water cup provided.
- Overpriced ($145 including tax) for what you get.
- Super slow office staff.
- Office closes at 8pm.
- They don't answer their phone for reservation inquiries, nor do they return voicemails.
- Location is close to the boring end of Duval Street - the end w/ most of the entertainment is quite a hike.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Key West Youth Hostel & Seashell Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key West Youth Hostel & Seashell Hotel Key West
- Key West Youth Hostel And Seashell Motel
- Key West Hostel