We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo here. You really cannot beat the location of the Galleon. It's very, very close to Mallory Square and Duval St, and sits right at the end of the boardwalk of the Historic Seaport, yet is surprisingly calm and peaceful. We had a unit that overlooked the marina and spent hours just sitting out on the balcony watching the boats come and go. The place seems to be getting renovated a little bit at a time: our bathrooms were (mostly) updated and fresh-looking. The master had a flat screen tv, but all of the other tv's were still old - this really didn't matter too much, as we spent most of our time doing other things. We liked both of the Tiki bars on the property and were happy with a couple of meals that we bought at the bars, as well.
There are some negative aspects to the Galleon:
- The wireless was HORRIBLE. Several of us tried multiple times on multiple mobile devices and laptops, and could never maintain a connection (if even able to log in) for longer than 5 minutes. As a few of us in the group were hoping to do some work while on vacation, this was a definite negative.
- The mini-blinds in the skylights over the bed in the second bedroom were bent and didn't close all the way. If you like to party late into the night on Duval, don't expect to be able to sleep late because light isn't blocked out at all.
- The 3rd bedroom of our unit - the "lock-out" unit - is more separated from the main unit than we initially realized. There is a main door into a small lobby, and then one door leading into the main unit and one into the lock-out. The person in our party staying in the lock-out couldn't access the main unit because we could only have 4 working keys to the door. We tried to leave the door to the main unit open at all times, but if you want to leave the balcony doors open (and you will, if the weather is as beautiful as it was on our trip) then that door will constantly slam shut, effectively shutting out the lock-out unit over and over again. People with children will want to consider the isolation of that room before booking.
All in all, we will probably look to book at the Galleon again, because the good points did outweigh the bad...but we'll be bringing our own MiFi/mobile router with us.
- Also Known As:
- Galleon Resort And Marina Hotel Key West
- Galleon Resort And Marina Hotel
- Galleon Hotel Key West
- Galleon Key West
- Galleon Resort
- Key West Galleon Resort
- Galleon Marina
- Galleon Marina Key West
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Galleon Resort And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.