“Darling Hideaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Darling Hideaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you are a couple, don't hesitate to book here!! You are very near to everything - the water as well as the bars/restaurants on Duvall - but you will think your on an island when you swim or enjoy the hot tub in the hidden garden!! Hammocks in quiet areas of the garden invite you to take the nap you need and deserve! Don't forget daily happy-hours and the wonderful staff! Every good thing you read about them here is absolutely true. Loved it. Many, many thanks.

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms with a loft - you'll luv it!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

First things first. This is an amazing place to stay. The lady on the front desk was really polite and gave us a tour around the hotel. There is a swimming pool with floating chairs, a sun lounging deck, a hammock area and a hot tub all surrounded by lovely decor. We got a free drink on arrival and drinks (alcoholic or soft) were only $1 after that, which is the best price I have ever seen at a hotel.

The hotel has gone to great lengths to be as green as possible and unlike other 'claims of green' I believe they are genuinely doing all they can to minimize their impact on the environment. They prepared a review of the best places in Key West to visit, all of which were personal recommendations which had been tried and tested.

Our room was small but had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately our nights sleep was so bad I can't give this hotel the 5* i wanted to. We had one of the cheaper rooms but were told we were upgraded on arrival. The door of our room opened right into the shared lounge and reception and from 11pm until 4am all we could hear was a loud conversion going on in the lounge by other guests. We had to leave at 7am to drive to Miami airport so 2 hours sleep really made that difficult.

I fully recommend this hotel but if you get the room we had ask to move or you will probably regret it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We got a warm welcome and a small guided tour across the property upon check-in and were offered complimentary ice-tea, coffee and even insect repellent during our stay.
We had an apartment with a balcony, a seperate patio and an outdoor shower, which was really nice.
All of the staff were very friendly and we really enjoyed our stay in the Eden House.

Room Tip: Apartment 403 has an outdoor shower and a seperate patio.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at Eden House for 5 nights in May 2014. This was my first time there. I got the feeling that many of the people who were there at the same time had been there before. The location is several blocks away from the hype of Duval street but close enough that you can rent a bike or walk and get there in a few minutes. I welcomed the idea of being a little away from Duval. Parking is a little difficult at the Eden House. There are only maybe 15-20 spots (and a few scooter spots) for the entire complex. We ended up having to park in a public garage one night because there were no spot by the time we got back to the hotel around 8 pm one night. Spaces always opened up early in the AM and very late at night (2AM).
The rooms are located in several different buildings on the property and they have every type of room from a shared hostel type of situation to a private house. I stayed in a small deluxe room. The "deluxe" gets you a TV (didn't turn it on once), queen bed (nice), and a mini fridge (also worth it). The room was in the main house but we did not face the pool. We were in room 112 and while convenient to get to right off the lobby area it would have been nice to have some type of view out our window other than the fence dividing this property from the adjacent property. Wasn't a huge issue though since we didn't really spend too much time in the room other than to sleep. A note about sleeping... although we were right off the lobby we had no trouble sleeping in until noon. ;-) Their website does not lie - the rooms were small BUT certainly adequate for our needs (just two small adults). The only thing I think that could improve the room was to have more hooks on the wall since there really is limited shelf and floor space.
The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Right when we arrived we were welcomed with a nice cold beer and shown to our room. We dropped our bags and were provided a quick tour of the property. The pool is small but nice (no lap swimming here). There were only about 10 - 12 lounge chairs available and two umbrella tables with 4 chairs each surrounding the pool. There were other tables, chairs, hammocks and places to sit a little further away. The grounds surrounding the pool and the hotel and very lush and green. Lots of nice shade. Really quite comfortable and relaxing. All in all it was a great stay and I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: When you book they say that they can't guarantee you a specific room until you check in but I th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our stay at Eden House was a great surprise. First of all, my girlfriend and I booked the room last minute to stay in Key West on St. Patrick's Day weekend. Even last minute, the price for the room was comparable to that of a room in the hotel chains. I was pleasantly surprised that they had room considering many other places did not have rooms available at the time of booking. Upon arrival to Eden House, we were given a warm greeting by the desk staff and was offered a complimentary beer. We were shown around the property, including the sparkling blue pool, couple's swings, and hammocks. Not to be outdone are the full, green foliage and tucked-away coy ponds.The rooms are cozy and free of noise from the outside and neighboring rooms. All rooms have direct access to the inside of the home, as well as the outside, allowing guests to come and go as they please.The room was very clean. It included a queen or double sized bed, a refrigerator, and a full bath. The last great thing about Eden House is that they offer a daily free happy hour by the pool for all guests. Overall, my girlfriend and I had a great time and will be coming back again in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Only booked in for two nights but wish we could have stayed longer! Really friendly staff,great service, amazing outdoor area to chill...We loved the hammocks! Had lots of info on the area including restaurant menus. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel right at home... Felt more like staying with friends rather than staying at a hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was not my first choice in terms of where to stay in KW- my husband and I had unredeemed Hyatt points so debated staying there, but ultimately followed our friends to Eden House for a 3 night stay. I wasn't sure what to expect..... it is perfect and I love being wrong! What the photos don't convey is the culture- the unbelievable staff, the friendliness of other patrons and the location couldn't be better. The room was clean, fridge was fantastic and the bed is comfortable. Would my room at the Hyatt have been nicer? Maybe, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't trade my Eden House experience for anything. I look forward to many, many more trips to EH in the future. What a blast!

Room Tip: Our room by the pool was lovely- and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden House? Share your experiences!