“Quirky, inviting, and fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Eden House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 Fleming Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Chicago, Illinois
“Quirky, inviting, and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I read all the bad reviews before writing my own to find out what anyone could find wrong with this place. True, the rooms are a little small but if you're in Key West to hang out in a hotel room you are too boring for this place and should book a chain.

We entered from the parking lot and I thought I'd entered the Garden of Eden. The flowers and the waterfall were exquisite. I have never stayed at a hotel that gave me a can of beer at check-in. Nice touch Eden House! The staff were friendly and helpful. Happy hour brought out all the guests and made this feel more like a summer camp than a hotel. There are hammocks hanging around the property for afternoon naps or reading, and if you book one of the apartments you have access to the sauna. We rented bikes for the days we stayed there and had a great time finding our way around the island on our cruisers. Great sandwich spot and bakery right around the corner. Definitely the quirkiest and most fun place I've stayed. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe in the back corner that was more private and had it's own bathroom. Our fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Clean room, charming atmosphere, quaint street, the sound of waterfalls throughout, well maintained pool. Perfect place to unwind. I loved that I could walk from Fleming St to any other part of town within 10 to 15 minutes.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was looking for something within walking distance to Duval St. without the constant commotion. Road our bikes everywhere. Lots of character in the decor, quiet, but not stuffy atmosphere, and friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Wife and I booked Eden House based on friends recommendation and it was spot on! Every nook and cranny has a hammock, swing or the most comfortable chair that can be found. Ceiling fans everywhere, it is a sight to see. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and always there. The rooms are just right with all the amenities you can want. The pool area is awesome along with the hot tub. You cannot get a better place to stay while in Key West. This was our first visit, but will not be our last. Thank you Eden House for a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in porch suite, but I think any of the rooms would have been fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilliard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. After you check in and get settled, one of the staff members walked us around the property and showed us all of the amenities. The pool area is nice and relaxing and they even host a happy hour poolside. The staff was also very helpful in booking any trips or giving advice on restaurants, etc. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Eden House to any of our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I get to visit Key West for work about 6-8 times a year. And when I am not able to stay at a friends house I choose Eden House as my second home. This past weekend I was there and the staff (like always) was very friendly and accommodating. I recommend this hotel to friends and family and they always are happy with their stay and rooms.. Enjoy and safe travels!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I booked The Eden House on line because it was a good price and it turned out to be a little gem. A little off the beaten path of all the hubbub of Key West but an easy walk to all the action. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. They offer you a free beverage upon check-in and then beer is $1.00 after that! They have a lovely pool and hot tub and sun deck as well as a few shaded areas to just hang out. The hotel is amongst the beautiful character homes of Key West and includes parking in their rate. They have a variety of rooms and suites. Ours was quite compact, but we really didn't spend much time there and was comfortable for our needs. I would recommend this place to anyone. If I had any issue, it would be the weak water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden House? Share your experiences!