“Everything was perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Montreal
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We arrived at this hotel to pass a weekend on the 5th and 6th of January. When we arrived Ryan, at the reception, took the time to show us everything around and showed us the room as well. We were three and took one of the apartments. The place was perfectly cleaned. We slept in the bed and the provided sofa-bed which was really comfortable.

After having settled, it was time for the complimentary 4 to 5 which we took by the pool. Again, the atmosphere, the weather and the staff's friendliness all contributed to make the moment charming. We elected to stay one more day because it was so nice!

The hotel is composed of rooms of different sizes all arranged around a small interior court with a pool and a jacuzzi. The street is very calm and the interior court as well so we had perfect sleeping nights. Our apartment was well-appointed but we didn't use the kitchen part as we were mostly in the restaurants.

The localization was also very good. At a few minutes walks from Duval and action places, it was really just far enough for tranquility while being close enough.

We didn't take breakfast there because they don't serve it. We had breakfast at the neighbor restaurant which was reasonably priced and excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Twickenham, London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Eden House has had so many great reviews, it 's difficult to find anything new to say so let's start off by making it clear that it really is as good as other reviewers say.

Three main reasons:
1. The staff - friendly and helpful without exception. You really feel they want to make your visit special, and they succeed. Hat tip to MaryBeth who received deliveries of car parts for us, communicated with unfailing good humour and booked us in at 4.55 pm by taking us directly out to the pool and giving us Gin & Tonic!

2. The location - ideally situated on a quiet street but close to everything that matters. We parked up on arrival and didn't move the car during our entire five days there.

3. The accommodation - a great room with all amenities including a fridge. Comfortable bed, effective air conditioning and a huge shower. But best of all was the verandah with our own table, chairs and a swinging chair. It really couldn't be beaten.

On our last visit to Key West we stayed at the Southernmost and would have booked there again if they had room.

Lucky for us they were full!

Thank you Mike, MaryBeth, Randy and everyone else in the team who made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: If you get the opportunity ask for a room with a verandah and a swing chair. We had room 202 above r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our trip to Eden House was fabulous. Eden House was the perfect place to get away, relax, and spend time with friends. The place is exceptionally clean. The maintenance people work hard all day to make sure the place is ship shape. Going to the front desk to ask questions is not like at most hotels; instead, it felt like you were visiting someone’s home and asking where to find the frying pan. The front desk personnel were friendly and most helpful. Randy made our day everyday he was there. New Year’s Eve I went to the desk and told Ryan that I had no dinner reservations for the evening. Instead of laughing and throwing up his hands at this noble task, he immediately got on the phone and secured us a reservation at the Roof Top Café for that evening. He even provided me with a 10% discount card, which they honored on New Year’s Eve. In fact, everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentary happy hour at 4 pm was a very nice touch. The pool area is clean and very relaxing. The Eden House is close to everything in Old Towne and an easy walk to Duval Street. We ate at some wonderful restaurants, my favorite being Antonio’s on Duval Street. The hammocks were delightful for relaxing. I cannot wait to return to the Eden House.

Room Tip: Many types of rooms. We stayed in a loft room overlooking the pool (503) with a refrigerator and mic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I only had the pleasure of staying one night, but was so impressed with EVERYTHING! I booked here after reading outstanding reviews and they also didnt require a two night minimum on a busy weekend. The location is perfect. Service and hospitality were outstanding. No detail was overlooked. I felt welcome and comfortable (spoiled as well ). I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2013
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to the Keys and Key West and had an absolutely amazing time staying at Eden House. First, the location is PERFECT! You are tucked into a charming neighborhood within walking distance to everything! 10-15 minute walk to pretty much everything. A major bonus was the availability of parking at the House. So many other hotels had street parking (and very little of that) Randy checked us in and he was fantastic, as was everyone we ran into at the Eden House. The grounds are beautiful! Between the pools, hamocks, decks, spa, etc., ever corner of this hotel was amazing. The room was a bit small, but it is Key West...I doubt you're traveling here to stay in a room all day. They had a daily happy hour for all guests which was laid back and much appreciated. We've done a lot of traveling and stayed at a range of hotels/motels/bedbreakfast/resorts/all-inclusives. This property may be one of our favorites ever! Very charming and very relaxing. If you are traveling to Key West and want a nice retreat that is in a great location, consider Eden House. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, room 112 I believe. Smaller than average room, but nice bathroom and ev...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I just returned from Eden House for the Christmas to New Year Holiday stretch...the superlatives have already been iterated and re-iterated by other so many other guests. And I strongly echo their comments regarding the exceptional staff and service, the ambiance, the relaxation, and the total comfort you feel being a guest at Eden House.

I have traveled pretty widely in my 50+ years on the plant, but I have never quite found the perfect place to "roost" away from home until The Eden House. I wanted to stay for another few weeks - I did not want to leave!!!

Having been fortunate enough to meet the owner of Eden House, Mike Eden, I am grateful for his vision, his ambiance, and foremost his strong commitment to his staff, his hotel and his guests. The number of "repeaters" I met while at Eden House is the true testament to Mike Eden's hospitality.

Speaking of hospitality, the lovely champagne and hors d'ouerves (sp?!) provided to guests early in the evening on New Year's Eve was the perfect way to celebrate the moment with other guests as they were coming and going for dinner and other festivities What a generous and thoughtful touch! Thank you so much Eden House!

I met so many interesting and entertaining people while staying at Eden House, and I can't wait to get back there again. Thank you so much for a wonderful vacation!!!!

Room Tip: Ask as there are various types of rooms and accomodations
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Nancy 849,
You have embarrased me by saying all of these nice things! Just kidding, I never get tired of hearing from a happy guest. It was great visiting with you guys at our New Year's eve get-together. I tell folks that the Eden House has the nicest guests in the world and I truly believe that. I am adding you to that list Nancy, if you don't mind. You are our kind of guest!

Maybe it was the inexpensive alcohol at happy hour. You think?

See ya soon,
Mike, staff and the regulars
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Since we booked somewhat last minute this Christmas we did not have any bargain options. I probably would not have paid the nightly rate at Eden house otherwise. having said that, i will pay it again gladly as Eden House was a very pleasant surprise. Even with a full house it was extremely quiet inside and out. Eden house is located about a perfect (In my opinion) 1/2 mile from the noisy and always crowded Duval street. 90% of all rooms face the interior courtyard and no street noise was ever noticed. (Flemming is not that busy of a street anyway) We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were excellent. I have read some complaints, including those describing poor water pressure on the second floors. We did not experience that in the room we stayed in (top floor). The complaints are somewhat intriguing anyway since the owner has a standing invitation, that if Eden house cannot make you comfortable you do not have to pay. All you have to do is give them the chance WHILE YOU ARE THERE. Most complaints I have read seem to be after the fact.

Lastly the best thing about Eden house is that they do not nickle and dime you once you get there. They sell guests beer cheaper than anyone else in Key West, their gift shop is incredibly affordable (Old Navy prices) they have a free happy our by the pool every day, Bike rental prices are great... So while it may cost you a few more $$ upfront, they help in every way possible to keep those $$ in your pocket once you check in.

Thanks for the Hospitality Eden House. we will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi IBcully,
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Quality at a fairly reasonable price and great value even during the holiday season. At least this is what I keep telling myself. We are in the service business and that is what my staff and I try our best to offer. We enjoy our jobs and having the nicest guests on the planet make it seem like anything but work. If you enjoy it... it ain't work.

I hope I get a chance to say hi the next time you are with us and don't forget - happy hour starts at 4pm sharp!

Mike and Staff

Been to Eden House? Share your experiences!