“We love Eden House!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Eugene, Oregon
“We love Eden House!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've stayed at Eden many times and recently just this week. It has such a great Key West vibe from the swaying palm trees, hammock,s to the happy hour cart wheeled out religiously at 4pm each day. One of the best places to stay in Key West. Pool is perfect temp and so is hot tub. The staff are super helpful and will fix anything with just an ask.

Room Tip: Grab one of the deluxe rooms with a porch swing or the apartments.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a very calm and good time in Eden House. I first had planned to stay there only 3 nights and ended up extending my staying. It was a very good idea. The Eden House was perfect. The house is beautiful and the amenities very well kept and clean. But the best was the Eden house workers! They were polite, very helpful, easy and agreeable to interact. I would stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have been to Key West several times, the last two visits at the Eden House.

The location is terrific - in a quiet part of old town just a few blocks from Duval. Great food choices a few steps away - Azur, Old Town Bakery, Paseo and the Five Brothers.

Although this isn't the newest nor largest hotel in Key West, the attention to detail is second to none. Friendly, helpful desk staff, and the place is immaculate. The maintenance and custodial staff quietly work incessantly to keep the hotel in pristine condition.

The complimentary check-in beer or soft drink, and happy hour by the pool from 4 to 5 is a great touch also - I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Putnam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

a step back in time in old fashioned key west lodging, but only in feel. everything else is very modern and very comfortable. its its own little commune totally enclosed in palm trees, wooden walkways, hammock nests with a pool and jacuzzi. the restroom in the pool area is cleaner then most hotel rooms on the island. this is the second time i've stayed here and its as good as i remember. totally friendly front desk staff and relaxed vibe. we stay in the two story old fashioned house that's part of the hotel and we house 7 adults comfortably. there's a private jacuzzi as part of the house and three balcony/decks. two spacious bathrooms a full kitchen, living room, air conditioning etc. this place is totally worth it and if you split it amongst 7 people its not a bad price at all. also, the hotel has bikes for rent $10 a day which is reasonable, although they should be complimentary with a credit card on file in case you lose it or destroy it. and finally, i'm sure this place is kid friendly but in two weeks of staying there i have never seen one child. and i have never seen one person or couple there that looks as though they would want one around so if your traveling with children i would reconsider staying here. the people that stay here, including me, do not want 5 kids running around the pool with foam noodles hitting them and mom sitting nearby obliviously sipping on a drink......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This would be a five-star rating except for the hotel's non-password protected Web access. After staying for a week my E-mail account on my ISP's site was hacked, and it was used for a massive spam mailing before I caught it and changed my password. I told the hotel upon arrival that password protection should be added, but they didn't seem to understand the importance of my concern.
Now, the good part: The staff is excellent, the service great, the hotel is what a visiting relative called "Old Florida", and we had a wonderful time. They are located in the old town residential area, and there are many excellent local restaurants, including one on-site. The hotel is about five blocks from Duval Street and maybe eight from Mallory Square. There is a very good, albeit expensive store (Fausto's) four blocks toward Duval on Fleming Street (think Whole Foods prices), and we shopped there several times since we had one of the hotel's apartment units. Publix has two stores within a couple of miles, as the crow flies, but there is currently a lot of construction creating havoc on car travel to the Publix locations. We did it once, parked the car and did not drive again for a week. Walking is easy in Key West since it's extremely flat. For a solid week we wore shorts and tee-shirts and walked every day, every where we went. One day we did over ten miles. I'm proud of that since I turned 70 on this trip, and my wife is 67. Oh, don't forget the free drinks around the pool daily from 4-5 PM. Finally, there is one caveat: if you want a beach experience this is NOT your place. Try the new hotels on the Atlantic end of Duval. They don't have the charm, but they do have the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
perugia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is the best solution in key west - friendly, not cheap but also not expensive, with differents possibility of choise .
You can have a private room , clean and essencial, or a luxury room with your own jacuzzi.
I think there are not other place to stay in key west - nice pool, a big happy hour, a big solarium and a great atmosphear.

Room Tip: If you have a whellchair you need a room at ground level, there are no elevator in the building
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've stayed in the Ritz Carlton, the Mark Hopkins down to the motel 6 and Eden House was hands down the best! Cozy, comfortable, lush grounds with so much attention to detail and an incredible staff!

We were looking for a place for Fantasy Fest that was close to Duval and didn't cost an arm and a leg and I found them. I first booked a small deluxe then upgraded to a deluxe. After going through the "mystery tour" on the website I called to see what rooms were available and picked 115 from my choices. It was a great room and 114 or 116 would be even better as they have more windows but I am not complaining! IIf you haven't been you need to look at the website to see what the different rooms have. Oyster.com has a lot of pictures of rooms also. The smaller rooms do have sinks in the sleeping area and no TV but all you have to do is call to see what you're getting - they aren't keeping these things a secret to the complainers out there - just ask!

Saw some complaints about loud AC units. I haven't met a quiet one yet! Crank it up, get the room cold then turn it off and crank up the ceiling fan when you go to bed. Works like a charm!

We had the pleasure of a lengthy conversation with Mike Eden and he was a delight! He cares about his hotel, staff and customers.

The Azur Restaurant on the property is amazing as well! We had 3 dinners and breakfast and have to say that we loved Rob and Ray! They took great care of us!

You can't go wrong with this place. To the bad reviews I say "Some people just aren't happy unless they think they have something to be unhappy about!"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden House? Share your experiences!