We stayed here because we like Marriot properties and the price was right but what a mistake. I was behind my wife in getting to KW because I was cycling there from Key Largo. When she arrived and got to the room there was a chemical smell in the room but thought it was because it was just cleaned. She took a nap and when I arrived I said what is that smell? By this time she had a terrible headache. I left the sliding door open while I was getting ready for dinner. We left for about two hours and when we returned the smell was still just as bad. We went to the bar for a drink and I decided to see if they could move us. The NASTY front desk clerk said there are no rooms available except for the front of the hotel where they work over night on the road being rebuilt and it was from the carpets being cleaned. I said it smells like something was spilled and even unplugged what I thought was an air freshener. She said that they had a ozinator and it would take the smell out in 30 minutes and offered us a free drink. By this time it was 9:30 PM. After 30 minutes still the smell and they said another 30 minutes. Still the smell. There were hotel employees at the bar and they saif there were a lot of rooms available. My wife went this time to the desk and she was like what makes you think another cleaned room is going to smell better? She said let us try it. WOW there was another room available and it was not on the street. She lied straight up. We moved and the carpet was damp but that strong smell was gone. Fast forward to the next day. Our key didn't work arriving back from dinner and I went to the desk. Guess who was there? MS Personallity. She was lecturing another lady about why her key didn't work. Questioning her like she was a child. I said to her can you just give her a new key an leave her alone? She didn't like it but as a business owner I was furious the way she treated us and this other customer. It was like she didn't want to be bothered and hates her job. Next day. Towels were not complete. No wash cloths and no bathmat for when you exit the shower. We were told they didn't have bathmats for the floor. Funny how we had them before and after that. Guess who? Same lady. Next day I was cycling and my wife was at the pool but had to go to the room because the workers replacing the tiki hut roof were making comments and wouldn't stop looking at here while laying in the sun. These guys were walking around barefoot and shirtless. Not professional at all. When she returned to the room there was a knock at the door but had to get dressed before answering the sliding door. By this point the person was gone and the shirtless worker was walking away. Are you kidding me? Final straw. We loaded up to leave and before we drove off I decided to wash my hands because I just loaded my bike. I took off my wedding band and set it on the counter of the sink. I forgot to put it back on and we left. About 2 hours into the ride back we stopped and I realized what I did and we called. They checked and said it was not there. I wash my hands all the time and because I hate soap in my ring around the diamonds I take it off. They said they would follow up with us and no calls. Called Marriot customer service and no calls back. They can care less. The entire week before we stayed at a Marriot in Orlando and it was beautiful. Everyday there were animal droppings near the pool. The night we were moving there was a huge rat and the guy at the bar told us it was because of the water out back. When they clean the rooms they prop multiple doors open with towels which leaves the rooms not seccured to the outside since this place has rooms right from the parking lot and street. Looks like the section we stayed in was an older hotel that became part of another hotel. Like they were blended. How can they have rooms not secured?
The construction out front was terrible and makes the shuttle service a long ride during the busy parts of the day. Shuttle drivers were incredible. Better to stay closer to town.
Cynthia that works breakfast was incredible and very nice. Breakfast food was good but what is included with the room is limited.
Water view - It is a inlet that smells. THIS IS NOT OCEAN VIEW AT ALL. DON'T BE FOOLED.
Some may ask why we didn't leave and why we stayed for 5 nights. This was part of a 3 week trip that included us bringing bikes and a lot to go with it. We didn't want to move again and we figured it couldn't continue being bad. We were wrong and with the ring being stolen that was it. They could care less. If they gave us a week here free I wouldn't stay here. They need to look at who works here and consider their postions. In the last 12 we have been gone for 6 weeks and this is the worse place ever.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard Key West
- Key West Courtyard
- Key West Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Key West Courtyard Waterfront is located on the Gulf of Mexico in the "New Town" section of Key West. Located within a 10 minute drive of any attraction on the island. We feature spacious guest rooms, including suites with a variety of room configurations including in-room Jacuzzis.Every room has free hi-speed internet access, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, coffee maker, cable TV and refrigerators. A Tiki Bar is located adjacent to our large outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi or feel free to tan on our private sunbathing beach located behind our hotel. Join us in our Bistro featuring Starbucks and a wide range of breakfast items. Our Complimentary downtown shuttle service will drop you off and pick you up in the historic seaport; walking distance from Duval Street. Be sure to talk our our onsite concierge agent who can assist you with the many activities and history enriched attractions the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard Key West Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.