“Family Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Family Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and overall we had a fantastic time together with my family and my BF, we booked 1 family room and double room with a joining door that connects the two room making it very big for the children to play and jump around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights the week before Christmas for a business trip. I landed early and drove a rental car to the hotel, arriving a good 3 hours before check in. As a platinum Marriott member, I typically don't have a hard time getting a room early but in this case I did have to wait about 15 minutes for them to finish cleaning a room with a view. Check in was great though, everyone was extremely helpful. I had a second floor room facing the pool/hotel hot tub. The gardens area were very pretty and relaxing. My room had a veranda with 2 chairs which was very nice to sit out on with a glass of wine.

Even though the hotel rooms have not had the reno that the lobby had, my room did not feel dated at all. The only thing it didn't have was an automatic thermostat but that is not a big deal at all. It was quite comfortable and a nice size. I've never found Courtyard to have great beds so on the Courtyard scale this was just fine.

The pool area and bar were nice. I had lunch at the bar and then a drink there later on. The pool area was well kept and pool was very relaxing after a long day of meetings.

The shuttle may be the best feature besides the hotel itself. Every half hour it runs to and from downtown Key West, about 1 block from Duval street. It's quite convenient. I would probably not rent a car the next time at all.

The construction outside of the hotel runs all along Roosevelt Blvd and affects a bunch of hotels and restaurants. It's not a negative factor at all, but then again I live in an area where we have construction constantly as well.

Great hotel, would definitely stay there again on my next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor facing the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on courtyard for one night and everything was good, the room clean and the beds comfortable,the service was perfect , the pool was clean, at front desk they were very nice and helpful, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here two nights over Christmas (Dec '12). Like the other reviewers before me, we were not impressed by our room facing the busy road. The hotel lobby was very nice and the little beach in the back with a deck & boardwalk are nice touches but finally we had to go back to our warn out, dreary "motel" room. I am suspecting that the people who wrote good reviews did not have a misfortune of staying in one of the front row rooms. This was a points rewards stay but if I had to pay $500, I will definitely not be staying here nor will I be returning to this place after seeing what else is out there in the range. Shuttle to the down town is a definite plus. It makes me wonder why Marriott still has Courtyard name on this place. If this was my first ever stay at a Courtyard, it probably would be the only one!

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back. Stay away from room #s in 100's and 200's in the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This courtyard is a bit outdated. The lobby was obviously reinovated recently, but the rooms really need it. They are clearly old and seeing wear and tear. Starbucks in the lobby and free shuttle to downtown are great positives though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cstoutMn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here after a long drive down from Fort Myers. Got to Key West late so didn't have time to look around I have had good luck with Courtyards so call Marriott and booked a room.Now I know it is Christmas break and all but 500.00 for the Courtyard is too much in my opinion I should have asked but it was late so my bad. This hotel sits on the water no beach! There is MAJOR road construction right in front of the hotel. Our room face this road. The room although large was worn and tired. Had a very strong smell of air freshener . I can not recommend this hotel ....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cooper City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We enjoyed our weekend stay at the Courtyard before Christmas. We like Key West but go with our teenage children so being downtown after dark is not on our list of things to do. The Courtyard is on the Northern side of the island a few miles outside of downtown. If you like Courtyard Marriott hotels, this will meet your expectations. It also has a nice reminder that you are in Key West as it has a tropical pool with mature palm trees, a boardwalk that goes out over the water with a number of sitting areas, and a small beach. It is convenient to get to downtown using the hotel's shuttle, which leaves every half hour. If your visit to Key West is not about partying all night on Duval street, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Key West Waterfront? Share your experiences!