“Kind of odd” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Kind of odd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Did a search for Italian places and came up with this. It was close so we tried it. Employees were from Central Europe and most of the food was middle eastern. It wasn't bad but came out so fast it couldn't have been prepared fresh.

Visited March 2013
Shukhrat777, Owner at Kennedy cafe, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your visit!
I am glad you liked the food, usually time to cook the food depends on how busy we are, if we weren't that busy, it could have come out fast, but we had nobody complaining that we serve fast :), and I can assure you that you get our food as fresh as you can get!
Thanks again for visiting us, and hope to see you guys in the future!

85% Recommend
utah
“took me back to Greece and Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Delish food, we had the chicken shwarma sandwich and Iksander lamb dinner. Decor is nothing special but it the table and dinning area were clean. Staff was friendly. This is a take out or sitdown. Not a fast food place, but I don't mind waitng a few extra minutes for my food if it means I'm getting quality. The lamb was served on a bed of rice and garbanzos with a few roasted potato wedges, tomato/cucumber salad and tasty Tzatziki sauce (white sauce on the menu) and a red sauce for the lamb. Potato salad accompanied the sandwich. It was very fresh and flavorful.

Shukhrat777, Owner at Kennedy cafe, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you very much our Utah guest! :)
We are trying our best to make sure our food meets the Mediterranean standards ! :)
Hope to see you again here when you visit Key West!
Miami, Florida
“Home cooked feeling to an awesome meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

An incredible place to enjoy a delicious and fresh meal. The atmosphere is not fancy and the staff is not dressed to impress. But, they are friendly, polite, and the food is ohhh so good. We had the Tabouli Salad, the grilled eggplant, and the Lamb Gyro… The entire thing was amazing. Actually, it was so good that I used left over Tabouli salad the next day as the main garnish in a dish I cooked. I must warn you, the meals feel more like home cooked meals than restaurant food (It’s awesome). This is a must try in Key West if you are in the mood for something completely different from everything else. Also, they have a nice list of Eatern European Beers!.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Connecticut
“Excellent Food at Bargain Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Located in an unasssuming strip mall, removed from Duval Street and the Wharf Area, Kennedy Cafe provides excellent food at bargain prices. While the menu has a large variety of sandwiches and salads as well as Italian fare (pizza, stromboli, etc.), the main draw is the Mediterranean Greek-Turkish menu featuring kabobs, eggplant dishes, gyros, wraps and sandwiches. The lamb and eggplant dishes are to be particularly recommended. Portions are large and three appetizers at a total cost of about $20 are more than enough to share between two diners. Service is prompt and attentive. As for atmosphere, this is a neighborhood type restaurant; clean and tidy but not fancy.

Coventry, Rhode Island
“Good Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My bad. I started visiting this unassuming, strip mall restaurant four years ago and discovered I have never reported it before...probably because it's such a closely held secret among locals and visiting foodies like my wife and me.
If linen table cloths and tuxedo wait staff is what you seek, look elsewhere. If delicious (if not eclectic) international food is your cup of tea, this is the place. The menu opens as breaklfast with a cross section of "Cubans" (whatever you might enjoy, smooshed between halfs of a fresh Cuban roll). This morning's offering on my plate was a ham, egg and cheese Cuban while my wife enjoyed scrambled eggs and grits. (a rather American combo).
The owners are Uzbekis and the menu claims to be "Healthy Mediterranean Cuisine". I confess I have never tried their Italian specialty dinners, but over the last few years during annual visits, have worked my way through their Middle Eastern delights and loved every bite .
Last night's shared dinner consisted of a lamb and potato combo wrapped in a pastry shell (not unlike a calzone). Absolutely delicious with a chopped fresh tomato/garlic/onion/dill salad. With that, we enjoyed a combo kebob of lamb, chicken ands ground beef served on individual scewers on a bed of mixed rice (with carrots and chick peas). (huge portions)
Our server was Latvian and suggested a Russian beer which went perfectly with the meal.
Again, this is hardly a fancy-schmanzy place but is perfect for those who like to push the envelope in terms of ethnic eating delights. Kennedy Cafe underwent a facelift during the past year and dressed things up a tad...but it still does a huge take-out/delivery pizza and food business. that keeps a constant bustle near the door. Not to worry...it's clean as a whistle and worth the time to find it. If visiting without wheels, it's better to grab a cab because it's not close to anything.