“Great Cottages!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Alante Guest Cottages

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Alante Guest Cottages
You added Casa Alante Guest Cottages to your Saves list
1435 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL   |
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Cottages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at Casa Alante for my husbands 50th birthday. Our friends booked the cottage next to ours, and they were both lovely! The owners went out of their way to make the stay fantastic, decorating the cottage on the day of my husband's birthday, and one night bringing us individual, homemade keylime pies. What a treat! My sister called them and asked if they would buy a nice bottle of wine for my husband, and gave them a price range. They were so sweet, and the grounds and pool were lovely. We would definitely recommend them, and I also think one reviewer must have gotten this confused with another place, because they ARE cottages, and definitely private and lovely ;)

Room Tip: We asked for a private cottage. The verandas all seem to be well screened.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

I am quite puzzled by a previous review that refers to the charming
Casa Alante Guest Cottages as a strip motel -- I believe you have the
wrong property all together! These cottages are away from the center
of Key West -- I believe the listing says 3 miles from Duval Street -- so
I think there may be a misunderstanding. I hate to see this, as the owners
of Casa Alante are wonderful people and work hard to create a very special
place to stay.

My husband and I stayed at Casa Alante a couple of summers ago and loved it. It is certainly not a motel of any kind, but a cluster of cottages surrounded by lovely tropical plants, grouped around a wonderful swimming pool. It was originally built as a vacation resort for high rollers in one of the large auto companies in the 1920's (Packard, maybe?). Anyway -- the chickens/roosters are classic Key West culture. You will see them all over the island and they serve the VERY useful purpose of eating insects... Of course, if you have a fowl aversion or are a very light sleeper, it's best to choose someplace else. Due to their location away from the party spots, the cottages are very quiet aside from the early morning rooster crows.

• Stayed August 2003
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

My sister and I loved our stay at Casa Alante, it was a pleasant surprise. More than what we had expected, no iron in the cottage, but we made do. I would stay in the same cottage for my next visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2004

My wife and I chose Casa Alante by looking on the internet and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. The owners were most helpful with any requests that we had and when we came back after dark, the lights were always on, and there was a Hibiscus Blossom on the bed. We will definitely stay there again. Another reviewer complained about the chickens and other wild life around the property. Those are the things my wife and I found to be most charming about Casa Alante. Perhaps that person needs to learn how to relax and this is a perfect place to do that.

• Stayed April 2002
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2004

Our first time ever in key west we arrived at night to find our key in the mail box,with our lights on as if an old friend was arriving. We woke in the morning to a great fruit and coffee breakfast & a tropical delight all around us. Sandy & Kati made our first stay in KeyWest a pleasure, and we just keep going back to Casa Alante. Rooms are clean with lots of Kesey attitude and island atmosphere. Love the roosters and the birds.See you there!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2004

I was at the Casa Alamte in May of 2003. I was there as a small group with my wife a son for my son's 21st birthday. The place is great!
Owners some of the most friendly people I have ever meet in my life!
The hotel is what you find in old school Key West. We have been to Key West at least 12 times in the past ten years. Have stayed a lot of places, but for the price, the owners and the way we were treated this is the best place we have ever stayed at in Key Wesy and will stay there again! Mark Drais

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2004

I am quite shocked by some of the reviews I have read on this website regarding Casa Alante.My husband & I have stayed there 2 years in a row & have loved it more each time. We even got married at Casa Alante due to weather conditions and the owners were so quick to accommodate us. They decorated the gazebo so beautifully for us. We have recommended Casa Alante to all our friends & family & everyone loves it. The owners are friendly, genuine people, knowledgable about eveything on the island. And especially for us pet lovers, they allow pets in certain cottages. It is a quiet, calming, relaxing retreat away from busy Duval St. You have a daily continental breakfast waiting for you in the morning, the rooms are clean & the kitchen is fully stocked with your everyday needs. It is our home away from home. We will continue to stay there as long as we keep going to Key West!

• Stayed August 2003

Been to Casa Alante Guest Cottages? Share your experiences!