“NOT WORTH THE MONEY !!! NOT AN ENJOYABLE STAY !!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Key West
Leesburg, Florida
“NOT WORTH THE MONEY !!! NOT AN ENJOYABLE STAY !!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is NOT a typical Crowne Plaza Hotel that we have been accustomed to staying. We believe it is because, as we were told, that La Concha is divorcing from Crowne Plaza and the IHG Rewards Club. The lobby is beautiful. HOWEVER, we were very disappointed in the room we were given. There was nice crown molding, but the door to the bath had been repainted badly several times & had paint chips. No longer do they supply self service coffee in the rooms. We were told they would send a coffee maker with coffee up to our room. It took 3 or 4 phone calls & a trip to the customer service desk to finally be told they could not locate a coffee maker for us. Eventually 2 paper cups of coffee were delivered to the room. We were confused that with a restaurant in-house that coffee could not be obtained quickly. Chairs were stained & HUGE, eliminating the proper use of the reading lamp & adequate space between the bed to access the bath (we are NOT large people !). The FINAL BLOW was that the shower would not work the next morning and we had to change rooms to have a working shower !! Question: How did the maid clean the shower if the water did not turn on ?? Also, the toilet was difficult to flush ! The lady at the desk was very apologetic and pleasant. The manager did try to compensate us for all our problems with a complimentary breakfast and covered our valet parking. That was appreciated, but the anticipation of staying in an upscale hotel on our mini vacation was destroyed. Recommend others to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Top Spa (on the top floor of La Concha) offers an AMAZING spa treatment with a gorgeous view. That is all I can say as my boyfriend and I were double-charged more than a month ago and I still have not received my money back. I called once I realized the double charge and Top Spa said I would have my money by the end of the day. Two days later I had no money so I called again and they once again said I would have my money by the end of the day. I never got it. Week after week, I got the same run around of how I'd get my money by the end of the day. Finally my boyfriend was able to talk to the accountant and he received his money, but not me. I called and they said I would have my money at the end of that day. Nope. They said that Friday... So I called again Monday and they said by Wednesday. Wednesday: still nothing so I called and finally spoke to the accountant. She was incredibly rude, interrupted me, talked over me, but said she sent money through the bank and it was now on my bank. I asked that she send proof that she did it so I could see if it was a discrepancy with my bank. She refused. She said she could not and would not. Being a local, I have never dealt with anyone so rude in all of Key West. I STILL have yet to receive my money.

Moral of the story: If you go pay in cash or.... just stick to the Pier House.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Central Square, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hotel is in a great area and most of the staff was nice. The problem I had is with Alvin at the front desk. Upon arrival we had 2 reservations I told Alvin we needed only one and what the correct one was. The next morning there was a bill under our door, I went down to the desk and asked why did we get a bill? We are not leaving until Monday Alvin said our reservation showed today (obviously someone made a mistake and did not keep the correct reservation) I reminded Alvin of our conversation the day before and he rolled his eyes at me and said it wasn't him and that we had to check out today I asked for the manager and was told he was not there until 9:00am but that he would not talk to me until around 10:00am and unless I had my confirmation number he could not do anything. I went back to my room very upset and told my husband who then was upset as well.Thankfully a girl called our room a few minutes later and told me not to worry and that she had taken care of everything( I wish I had her name long dark wavy hair) she was great and reassured me that she had fixed the error. One other thing about our stay was that at check in we were not told about the sister properties until a few days later (the shuttle driver told me)and that we can use these properties and that we should of been given a wrist band at check in we did not. Location is great, rooms a bit small overall I had a nice time. Zach at the pool bar was great and is a great asset to the property my issue was with the horrible treatment I received from Alvin.

Room Tip: rooms with balcony are very nice
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here many years ago when the world super boat championships were in town. Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Had beautiful views, very nice rooms and it was in an ideal location for the boat races and night life. would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Key West.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I was a little nervous when I read some recent reviews of this hotel. However, we had a good experience there. The hotel was very clean, the staff was nice, and the rooms had some charming decor touches. Our room had a full size sofa, nice flat screen tv, frig, safe, good lighting, extremely comfortable bed, and great shower. Maid service was very efficient. It was a great centralized location in Old Town. Only two negatives. The bathroom could have been a little bigger--definitely only one person in at a time. But in their defense, the price was good for the location. And secondly, as another person noted, the windows were dirty. We did realize though that the weather is very hot and dry there. The streets get swept every morning and a lot of dust blows up. We saw dust on our car in a short time. I would imagine the windows would not stay clean long either. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our second stay here at La Concha. A very efficient check in and concierge service. The hotel has been renovated in the last couple of years since we were last here, and it looks fab. We were upgraded to a suite room, which was very nice and very well appointed.
The pool area is quite small, but no problem getting beds, even on a busy weekend. The pool barman was great and very friendly.
The location is great, right in the heart of the famous Duvall Street.
My only negative comment would be that (even six floors up) there is a lot of noise from the street - that's not the hotel's fault, its just a very bustling street with night life that goes on to the early hours. You may want to think about this if you're looking for a quiet break.
Otherwise, hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: Possibly overlooking the pool on the opposite side to the road, higher up
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Parker S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Leigh, and thank you for your review of La Concha Key West. It is wonderful to know that you are a returning guest. I am thrilled to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us. We are looking forward to next time.

Best,
Parker Sams
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have stayed at the Crown Plaza La Concha many times in the past. Upon our arrival this time, the hotel had been completely renovated. It is beautiful but we missed the old look a little. Upon our arrival, the initial greeting was not the same standard we had always received on previous times. The clerk did not recognize my Priority Club status and had quite a bit of difficulty locating our reservation. Luckily our issues were quickly and properly handled by a different Front Desk person, Eric from Delaware. Eric immediately addressed our problem and gave us the feeling that he truly cared about making our stay a great one. Eric showed the true standards of outstanding customer service. We were at the La Concha four days and had a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Parker S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your review, Peggy. We appreciate you choosing La Concha Key West as a relaxing getaway. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and that your reservation issues were handled promptly. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Eric. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,
Parker Sams

Been to Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha? Share your experiences!