“Anniversary trip...near perfection” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Gloucester, Virginia
“Anniversary trip...near perfection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was beautiful. Staff was amazing and very attentive. We had a little issue the first night but the manager was quick to attend to us and most definitely handled everything to our satisfaction. We enjoyed the pool and the poolside bartender was great. We stayed in a deluxe king room on the 5th floor and it was spacious and very accommodating. The bathroom offered ample room (despite other reviews). We will staying again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear skmiller68,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your king leisure room and it added to the pleasures of your stay. When your travels have you return to the Southernmost Point, please let me know so that I may assist with your accommodations. Until then, enjoy the memories made here on your Anniversary trip!

jasoncarter@laconchakeywest.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I tried the new 430 Duval for our date night--and left feeling completely satisfied! We shared the gourmet pizza tapa for our appetizer--WOW! Delicious, creative, and way underpriced...not sure how they can afford to make this offer! I never thought of those combinations of toppings for a pizza, but we both loved it! Michael and Jen (our waiter and waitress) made sure that we were comfortable and had a relaxing evening by checking on us frequently but giving us space to enjoy our date. For our main course, I got the rigatoni while he chose the ginger chicken. Mine was so creamy and his had great seasonings...definitely worth the price (which was less than most dinners in Key West)! I loved how upscale and comfortable the seating was--the best surprise was that the plush surround chairs can be slid to your preferred distance from the table. It was just one more sign of what a classy restaurant 430 Duval is!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amber J,

Thank you for dining with us, we are glad you enjoyed the libations of 430 Duval. We are proud of our new restaurant, the food prepared by Chef Andrew and the service provided by our team, we are excited about what the future holds for us. Thanks again for dining with us.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Crown Plaza has so much to offer: location, view from the top, lovely new lobby and restaurant. However, it's just looks good. The furniture in the lobby/restaurant is not functional....short tables with no place to put your legs. My 6' 3" husband gave up and just held his cereal bowl in his hands. Service was extremely slow..40 minutes to get a bowl of cereal. One morning the milk came in a teacup, and then a large glass; pitcher was finally used on the 3rd day. Room wasn't cleaned one day even after we reminded them before leaving for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We truly value your feedback and are disappointed to hear that your time with us was not on par with our expectations would like to extend our sincerest apologies. We have spoken with the appropriate departments and will be sure these errors are not repeated.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share information regarding your recent stay with us, as all feedback helps us to ensure that your future experience(s) with us are seamless and enjoyable.

If you have any questions or comments in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information provided below.

Elma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent place to stay in Key West. It is in the middle of Duval Street, walking distance to most everything! Rooms have recently been updated... they are small but clean and contemporary. Beautiful pool and tri-level outdoor pool area with an outdoor bar. Lobby is very modern and clean. Service is very good. Wonderful feature is the rooftop! You can see all of Key West from up there. Friday night, there was a bar up there, live music, and we all sat around and watched the sunset! It was awesome. Breakfast not included in your rate... there is an attached Starbucks, and Wendy's is about 2 blocks away. Valet parking (I think it's $20/day)... we haven't used our car yet since we've been here as we walk everywhere. There is a trolley stop right outside the hotel. The passes are good for two (2) days so well worth it to get around town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RBE14059,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our staff is always very pleased to hear when guests enjoy their vacations and cherish their time spent with us. We hope to welcome you back to the La Concha Hotel very soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

As title of review, it's nearly good, but ends up as average.

Pros:
- Valet guys were great
- Good location - good for Old Town generally, not just Duval Street
- Clean rooms - and not the smallest I have seen, either
- Pretty quiet [although I am used to New York, so maybe I am immune]
- The lobby and front of house are very nice - have clearly just been done up

Cons:
- The rooms are a bit dated. Where the lobby looks clean, fresh and new, the rooms look like they have been given a quick lick of paint - they are just not up to the level of the refurb downstairs
- When I arrived I was given my key for my "twin room, just as you requested, sir". Er, no, I didn't. Still, that got changed.
- Key didn’t work the first time, had to go back down to reception [ok, not a massive issue, but I arrived at 4am, having been travelling for 12 hours, could have done without it]
- No bottled water in rooms. I've never been to a hotel [even one a 1/4 of the price of this] that didn't provide bottled water in the rooms, just odd
- Housekeeping didn't come for the first 2 days, and I had to ask them to come at the desk. When they did come they didn't replenish Shampoo or soap
- The Terrace really is just a roof. It's a shame, this could be a really nice space, great views of the sunset and the town, but nothing up there. Just feels like you climbed up the fire escape onto the roof; this space could be amazing, bit of care, few plants etc. Would maybe draw more people and encourage them to stay [guy serving in the Terrace Bar was great though]
- Service in the pool bar is poor. Firstly you can’t put drinks on your room, secondly the general level of service from the attendant was very poor. Could barely pull herself away from chatting to her friends.
- Got the bill wrong twice. Went down at 8pm night before leaving at 3.30am next day to settle up, first bill had wrong rate on it, nearly $500 over. Went down later and got another version, looked more right, was told it had been settled on my card. Leaving following morning told it hadn't been, had to do it there and then, at that time of the morning which is exactly what I didn't want to do. Different amount again [although the right amount finally]. Never know if you are being charged twice or what [weren't, but hassle you don't need at that o'clock]

Pool area and pool are small, but I was not hanging around there and didn’t bother me.

All in all, it was fine, but not amazing. All the above might be ok if you were paying $100 a night [“might”…], but this is not a cheap hotel. I know this is Key West and it’s not a cheap place, period, but even so, for the cost, I expect a good experience and it just wasn’t there, was very average.

Dear GingerMatti1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. While I am disappointed your experience fell short of expectations, I am thankful that you have shared the feedback with us as our team reviews all guest feedback in an effort to improve the guest experience. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your stay.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza La Concha for a long weekend in Feb. Everything in Key West was expensive so while normally I wouldn't pay as much as I did for a Crowne Plaza, it was comparable to local peer hotels. It goes without saying that it is a huge upgrade from some of the local motels. The location is great, right on Duval street and easy to find. I was impressed walking inside with the modern lobby and nice bar area. Lots of seating and a fresh, clean look.

The room was smaller but well appointed and the decor was modern and tasteful. High ceilings helped the room feel larger than it was. The bathroom was very small and since the door swung in, one would have to open the door, and squeeze by before being able to shut it. The windows must have had great insulation as the noise from Duval Street was muted and we were only on the 4th floor. The plantation shutters were a nice touch and did a good job of keeping the sun out in the morning. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

All of the staff from the valets to bellboys to the front desk were friendly, helpful and did a great job. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient and the valets were fast with retrieving the car when needed. The only parking available at the hotel is valet. In general, unless driving to/from other Keys, a car is not necessary in Key West and better to avoid the traffic.

Overall I would consider staying at the La Concha again when visiting Key West.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We appreciate your review and are thrilled you had such an amazing experience. Our staff is very motivated and eager to serve each of our guests and provide a seamless experience. When you travels have you return to the Southernmost Point, we would welcome you to return to the La Concha Crowne Plaza Key West!

washington dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Crowne Plaza offers a very good location... However the price for the suite not worth the cost.. The cost for this room was way too high. The hotel is located on Duval street, The Plaza's greatest asset. The restaurant was good for breakfast but even though I called to confirm and was told it was part of the package it was NOT included. about construction, they said it was complete and no more work at this time, Upon Arrival, the desk offered a Luke warm reception. I was informed that the elevator was out of service and had to walk to 1 end go up to 3rd floor then walk to the other end and take that elevator up to the 5th floor this was next to impossible with my luggage as there were steps.
The construction seems to be everywhere... at the pool and in the main lobby I see them taking measurements for more construction (remember I called and was told all construction was over)
The hallways smelled of mold. Our room was large enough The refrigerator was not cold, I ALWAYS ran out of hot water in the shower. The toilet was industrial style and very hard to flush, the shower had some mold ... The cleaning people left things on the floor and did not pick up the basics.
The elevator was out for most of the week so it was like a maze to get back to our room. The wifi was spotty. The construction in the elevator hallway was constant and noisy. The pool bartender was annoyed that we were there. Some good points ... the bed was comfortable, location was great, food was good, just not worth the cost and would not go back

Room Tip: Book only if you get a good price