“very good stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 41 hotels in Key West
Miami
“very good stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went there on a motorcycle family trip from Miami to Key West and we stayed only one night, during the low season end of august. I stayed in this hotel before and the location is great. I had family from abroad and they were in heaven. I booked 3 king rooms, and actually one was much bigger than the other two. The draw backs were very little, the bathroom extremely small access. No mini bar, but a fridge. The personnel was nice in general, and at the restaurant in the morning was a very nice lady. The only problem was with one of the cleaning lady that apparently was not aware that we had a late departure and was very rude in forcing my family out of the room. But the front desk and the valet were nice. Remember you have to pay the parking $10 per bike and $20 per car /per day. the place is very well located and on the roof you can enjoy the sunset with a drink. The bartender was actually very nice and very good in making the drinks. This Hotel is very good because of location and comfort of beds/internet/TV. Some problems in cleaning the elevator at night, the absence of mini bar, the size of the room and the cleaning lady incident are the only small things.

Room Tip: remember the action is on the left when leaving the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We traveled down to Key West and happened to find the La Concha Hotel. What a great location and what marvelous accommodations!! The room we were given was beautiful. The front desk people were extremely friendly as were everyone else we came into contact with at the Hotel.. The view of the sunset from the rooftop was amazing and the drinks were quite delicious!! We had a wonderful stay and will definitely keep this hotel at the top of our list when we visit Key West again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the opposite side of Duval Street which would be roomier and quieter
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Concha last weekend, the Hotel seems very clean, in great condition considering that was built in 1926. The rooms are small but cozy, they need to fix the plumbing on the toilette. The lobby is really and the check in process was ok!

The Restaurant and the breakfast was very poor, the buffet is too simple and was not properly taken care, the serving spoons need to be replaced from time to time, the fruit selection was poor and the rest of the items...

We asked for a late check out until 12:30 pm and the front desk lady said NO! she allowed us check out at noon!

Room Tip: The view from the top floor is amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Conejo,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and the location of the hotel. I sincerely apologize apologize for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longmont, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband & I booked a balcony room at the La Concha Hotel starting on 9/14/2013. Actually, only the second floor at the front of hotel has balconies. I am so glad I chose a balcony room. I love people watching and this was the best spot to do that because nobody looks up! The balcony is pretty large and has 2 fake wicker chairs and wicker table with an ashtray. The room itself is very nice and clean but it is sooo small! Our room has a king sized bed and is very comfortable. It also has a fridge and a safe. The TV is an LG with a huge flat screen about 48 inches. The bathroom only has room for one person. It is very tiny but the shower is really good. There is a Starbucks on the Duval Street side of the hotel. I think it's the only Starbuck's in Key West. We are very happy with the hotel and the staff. It is also an historic hotel. I have been to Key West over 10 times in my life but my husband has never been until now. I knew I wanted to stay at the La Concha because of the prime location. I found a great deal on hotels.com which included a balcony. I grabbed up the deal ASAP! This is a wonderful hotel and I highly recommend it. It is only a few blocks to Mallory Pier where you get to see the great sunset and street performers. I would highly recommend a room with a balcony (it's pricier but worth it). I did read some reviews that said it was too loud in the balcony rooms from Frat boys partying late at night. I did not hear a peep since I have the best ear plugs ever. Yep, I'll be back to stay in this hotel. Very pleased and so is my husband.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. The balcony rooms are only on the second floor at the front of hotel on...
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room, decor, pool, bar, staff... everything was perfect!! We had left our resort from bad experiences and stayed here the last 2 nights and we fell absolutely in love with it!! The staff was extremely helpful with my fiance as he was preparing to propose and helped him with all the arrangments! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Nice rooms!!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel has the Ernest Hemmingway charm. The decore of this hotel sets you back to the days of when Ernest Hemmingway was around.The second you walk in to the lobby you are transported to the 1930's Key West.

The hotel is right on Duval street in the heart of Key West. Close to every bar and attraction that is worth while in Key West.Shops and restaurants are right outside everything is walking distance.You don't need your car here because when you walk out of the hotel you are within walking distance of everything, very convenient! The Valet is friendly and helpful when you pull in and they take your luggage

Also at the top of the hotel you can go to the roof top and watch the sun go down.

Our bed was also very comfortable with a lot of extra pillows. The room was extremely quiet. I never heard voices in the hall or doors slamming, and I'm a light sleeper.

From the moment we arrived we were treated to first class service from the bellman to the front desk. The entire staff always willing to help. I highly recommend this hotel because of its location, the superior staff, and the cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Nice stay, room a bit smaller than I expected, but looking at the history of the hotel I can understand why. The service was great and the room was comfortable. The location was perfect for seeing the most desirable spots in Key West.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha? Share your experiences!