“Best view in Key West” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 41 hotels in Key West
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best view in Key West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, right on Duval St. with an excellent rooftop view of Key West and the sunset. Easy walking distance to most festivities (eating, drinking, dancing). The front desk staff was excellent (Deanna I think was her name) and recognized my Priority Club status, providing a very nice welcome package. The rooms are a bit outdated and the thermostat was difficult to control but overall a nice place to stay in Key West. The last downside was that Valet wasn't staffed at 7:30am when we checked out so we had to find our own car in the back lot, fending off the loose roosters and chickens that apparently weren't happy to see any tourists.

Room Tip: Be sure to get to the rooftop about 45 minutes before sunset to secure one of the sparse tables or v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We spent a pleasant three evenings at La Concha, but the hotel advertised a host of amenities that they did not actually provide. Both the printed and online materials promised a work-out facility; they did not have one and instead weakly offered a free pass to a gym located a mile away! They promised free morning newspapers and turn-down service, but neither materialized.

The service was average, the room was clean, and the location most excellent. Not worth the price and did not deliver what it advertised. Disappointing experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear John N,

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was registered a chain hotel that was horrible service and rooms smelled like mold. Thank you to Lacy at la concha for saving my vacation, finding me a room at 8am so I could move hotels. Just finished a medical treatment and wanted a nice vacation for recovery. This hotel is clean and all staff are wonderful. In heart of old town. Thanks to Lacy and the La Concha!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second time at the La Concha. I really like this hotel as it is in the heart of Key West. I did have some difficulty with charges to my card (large), but we worked it all out and I'm just happy that I checked my e-mail and received the alert! I really missed the wonderful juice that they used to put in the dispensers in the lobby. It was a nice touch...

Room Tip: Had the balcony room on my first trip and it was so noisy. We could hear outside noise and way too...
coral gables
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just spent 2 nights at the La Concha on Duval St. Overall, it was terrible. On the plus side, the room was exceptionally clean and the bed was very, very comfortable. The location is perfect too, right on Duval St. The bad is that despite the fact that the hotel advertises that it has a gym, it does NOT. It's a total scam. On the 4th floor there are signs to the "Fitness Center," but it's nowhere to be found. I asked at the front desk and they said "it's under construction." It's a lie. What they did was turn the gym into a couple more rooms because they are greedy. They do have a partnership with a gym that is 1.1 miles away, but it was kind of crappy. The "ugly" is the horrible value (or lack thereof). I paid $350 a night for 2 nights with a AAA discount and it was the SMALLEST hotel room i have EVER stayed in in my whole life (and I have stayed at some economy hotels in Manhattan and in Venice and other cities famous for small rooms and this one was even smaller. Basically, think about a cheap, small interior-cabin size room on a cheap cruise ship and that's what size this was....even the bathroom was about the same size as what you would find in a small stateroom on a cruise ship). And for $350 a night!!!!! Are you kidding??? I will NEVER stay in this hotel again. What a rip off. My advice, for half the price go stay at one of the Hilton properties close to Duval or even one of the many bed and breakfasts. These people are greedy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here....dollar per square foot it will be the biggest ripoff of any hotel you ever st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear agentgables,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs and you find our rooms clean and beds comfortable. I appreciate your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We do have an on site Health and Fitness Center and is open for 24 hours, as an upscale hotel a Fitness Center is one of our brand standards and I regret you were not able to take advantage of it. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Location great; valet parking great; reception staff when we booked in (after 6) terrible; housekeeping non existent in our room. Despite reporting to reception that our room hasn't been serviced - our telephone wasn't working - and agreeing it would be remedied whilst we were out, this never happened. My husband asked for coffee refills and a poor girl was sent with a coffee machine!! We were offered a free breakfast which we refused as we had eaten here that morning and were disappointed with the food for the cost. When we checked out, no apology, but the car parking cost had been taken off our bill. As. Priority Club member with this hotel group a very disappointing experience. There are so many places to stay in Key West we definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Jenni R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to know that the hotel compensated the inconvenience you experienced by offering you free breakfast and took off the parking fee from your bill. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspect. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have mixed feelings about my stay. Overall the hotel is beautiful, nice rooms, nice pool area and lobby. Convenient since it is situated right in the middle of town. But I was disappointed by the attentiveness of the staff and would have expected more for the price I paid. There is only one elevator, so we had to share it several times with the cleaning staff, including a mop bucket with dirty, smelly water. There was a spill on the 3rd floor elevator - I had notified the front desk twice in 2 hours and they were finally cleaning this up 4 hours after I had originally brought it to their attention. My friend had gone down to the front desk to ask if there was coffee available in the lobby - the front desk was kind enough to tell her she would check to see if she could get any out of the kitchen, only to hear "Tell her to go get it from Starbucks" from the kitchen.

I find Key West to be a wonderful walking town with so many other lodging choices and beautiful inns that cost less than this hotel, that I don't think I would ever stay here again.

Dear djliny,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased to read your compliments of our hotel, the rooms and the pool. However, I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments regarding the staff, these will be passed on to the right department. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha? Share your experiences!