Stayed at the LaConcha for the second time in 5 years and once again was not dissappointed. We had a one bedroom suite which is just one large room with a wall divider between the sitting area and king size bed. This was perfect for the two of us but if you had a family there is no privacy (one of the couchs is a pull out bed). The room was spacious and had a small refrigerator which came in very handy. It overlooked Duval Street and honestly the noise was minimal. I guess it depends what time of year you visit and if there is a festival going on.
Check in and out was very quick and the staff very helpful. We loved the ability to walk down to Starbucks in the morning to get our coffee. We did visit the pool which is very nice for a "city" hotel. The only problem is when the sun shifts later in the day the pool is in the shade of the west wing of the hotel. There are ample chairs and towels. We also visited the top floor to get the best view of the Key West sunset. For a good view I would get there 20 minutes early as many choose that view over Mallory Square.
The hotel is very convenient to all the bar, restaurants, and shops on Duval. If a cab is needed the hotel will gladly call one for you. We enjoyed this as we could have a couple of drinks and not drive!
If/when we head back to Key West, we will stay there again. I would prefer to drive to the beach during the day and leave the keys at home at night!
One negative that I hope they address...when distributing the bills to the rooms during the night they did not slide them under the door but inserted the bills in a folder and inserted it in your door jam. Whomever was doing this ran out of folder so he/she just put the bill in the door jam with the occupants name and home address exposed. A significant breach in security.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha Hotel Key West
- Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Key West
- Key West Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel La Concha Key West is a unique and historic hotel located directly on Duval Street within walking distance of all major attractions, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife. Built in 1926, home to luminaries like Hemingway, Truman, Tennessee Williams (when he wrote a Streetcar Named Desire). La Concha Hotel offers the most spectacular 360 degree view, with nightly Sunset Celebration and all of Key West from the 7th Floor deck and lounge at the top of the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served daily in Jacks Seafood Shack. Outdoorswimming pool and pool bar on the second floor level. Fitness Room 4th floor, free weights and cardio equipment. CORNER PANTRY, off the lobby, snacks, soft drinks, sundries, ice cream, tee shirts, hats... etc. A Starbuck's Coffee Shop is located on the Lobby level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.