“My family had a great time.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #166 of 326 Activities in Key West
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing Charter/Party Boat located in Key West Florida. $99 p/p, $495 private charter. 3 hour trips. We guarantee you catch your dinner. Call today!
Key West, Florida
“My family had a great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Captain Barry is very professional, but also very friendly. My family enjoyed talking with him as we traveled to our fishing spots. His mate, Dave, does an excellent job helping everyone be successful at fishing. Dave is very friendly, helpful, and very very positive, even when you're a horrible fisherman like me. My wife and two sons really enjoyed their time on the boat. We caught numerous snapper and Key West yellowtail. My wife caught a small grouper. It wasn't legal so we had to toss him back. Had a barracuda strike at a lure several times but could not get him. Still cool to see it strike. Dave showed my one son how to catch baitfish with a net and how to prepare the bait. The four hour trip was a great experience for the boys. Well worth it.

Visited July 2011

Rochester, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I just wanted to say thanks again for one of the most awesome nights ever. I checked out your site today and saw that the picture of us all is already up there. We all had an awesome time! You guys did a great job and made everything great and easy. We
all have been just raving to everyone about how cool it was to catch a
bunch of sharks and how funny and awesome the crew was. You two guys
are at the top of my list of cool dudes. I really hope that the
opportunity comes up again to meet up with you and do it again.

Thanks a lot for everything, the six of us are way beyond extremely
happy and greatful for that opportunity and the time we had that
night. If either of you guys are ever up around buffalo/rochester area
or south of there, shoot me an email.

Visited April 2011
Tavares, Florida
“Great day of fishing! Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We went fishing with Rampage during our trip to the Keys. We talked about going offshore to get the big game sportfish but Captain Barry explained that it would be a waste of money to try to go way out on a 1/2 day charter. The travel time out and back would eat up most the time. We agreed to reef fish since we were in the Keys to party and wanted to be back in time for dinner.
I'm glad because we started catching fish right away. They put bait on the hooks and helped the girls reel when they needed help. Let me tell you the girls were not so interested in this part of our trip when we first got there but they actually liked this activity better than the jet skiing and parasailing we did. They had a blast and we will not need to twist their arms to go out again.
If you are looking for the big sport fish then get the full day charter but if you are looking for a fun day of catching fish then the 1/2 day reef fishing is perfect. We got back in time to enjoy the rest of the evening and one couple that was on our charter took their grouper to the floating restaurant 2 slips down to have them cook it for their dinner.
I know we will be back and do this again!

Visited June 2010
Mount Dora, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Fishing is great but catching is better!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We went on a fishing vacation to the FL Keys and found Captain Barry and Rampage via the internet. Loved his catch phrase "fishing is great but catching is better! We take you to the fish!" It is not just clever marketing but actually true!

We went out late one evening and filled the live well with Grouper, Key West Grunts and Sea Bass. We have a freezer full of fresh fish to say the least! We also caught two HUGE sharks that were as long as we were! We let the sharks go to entertain future fisherman.

Captain Barry and crew were so attentive that we always had fresh bait at the ready and plenty of #4 hooks to replace the ones that were lost from fish that broke our lines. That happened more than a few times!

Being an avid fisherman I appreciated that Captain Barry chose his fishing spots with skill. I was able to see the fish finder screen and the drastic changes in underwater terrain that are the hallmark of great fishing spots. Captain Barry with over two decades of experience found these spots easily!

If you get to Key West you have to book a charter with Rampage Fishing and find out what "catching" is all about!!!

Visited May 2011
“Not for the experienced angler”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

If you are new to fishing or looking to just get on the water this is an ok charter. If you are looking for an impressive catch or game fish you should keep looking, upon booking I was told they had been having great catches bottom fishing.. I am a Florida native and regularly fish. Barracudas and baby reef species was less than enough to keep any interest for me. For 800 dollars plus mate tip I expected to fish in 40 to 120 feet of water not 15 to 25. The Crew was friendly but not worth 800 dollars. They resorted to keeping undersized fish to fill there " fishtank" . Only interested in a handful of the "keeper" yellow tail and barely keeper mutton snapper, I told them they could keep the 3 foot bonnet head, and 15 orso other small and easy to catch fish that I could have caught off the dock. The captain left the dock for another charter with the intentions of using the unwanted shark for bait, (unethical and illegal)