The front desk staff and concierge were helpful and friendly. The room we stayed in was very spacious and quiet, which was great because I'm very sensitive to noise. The shower water pressure was low, but it was still enough to take a decent shower. The toilet paper roll holder was located on the same wall as the toilet instead of on the wall perpendicular to the toilet, so reaching behind to grab toilet paper was bit of a stretch - literally! Maid service was very good and they even come in the evenings to replenish towels or anything else if you want. The bed and linens were very comfortable.
The gym is excellent with lots of different equipment to choose from, and it was never crowded. Water bottles and towels are provided in the gym. The wifi signal in our room wasn't very strong, but it was good enough to check email and browse the web. We could not pick up the wifi signal at all from the gym where I tried to connect my iPad to the wifi, but there are televisions in the gym and each treadmill/elliptical has a tv monitor. There is a business center with a computer and printer so you can print out your boarding pass. Parking is available for a fee, though we didn't need a car at all during our stay since we walked everywhere. Everyday in the lobby they put out really delicious apples which were refreshing and great to take along as a snack.
There is a daily resort fee of $25, but well worth it because the private beach is clean, not crowded, and the imported sand is very soft. They will set up an umbrella and beach chairs for guests. You can rent jet skis, paddle boards, and kayaks from Barefoot Billy's which is located on-site. The water is very calm so this is a great place to try a water sport for the first time.
The restaurant offers outdoor seating with a terrific view of the beach in a classy setting. The breakfast buffet is expensive, $28.87 for adults - that's with the tax and tip which was automatically calculated in. They did make us omelets to order, which was nice, but for that price we expected a larger, fancier buffet with more options. However, the beach setting is lovely, so if you are looking for a place to get your breakfast immediately and eat in a relaxed environment and if you don't mind paying the price, it is a good choice. It would be nice if they offered a la carte choices in addition to the buffet - if they had offered a la carte options we certainly would have eaten there every day.
We received the New York Times at the door every morning, and the Wall Street Journal was available in the lobby every day. These are nice touches which we really appreciated.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West