The Reach resort will be a very nice location once their renovation is complete. We stayed three nights at the hotel from March 25 to 28. Honestly, this hotel should not be open to the public at this time. We were put in a room that had no working electrical outlets, no mini fridge, no clock, no wi-fi, the phone did not work, bathroom door did not close, no trash can. Additionally, the room was accross from a diesel generator or pump that kicked in every couple of hours throughout the night. It was evident that this room was not ready to be rented. The clerks were extremely nice and helpful but could not move us until the next day. We moved to a much better room, but then faced contruction of a new hotel across the street. Very loud from 7:30 AM until about 5 PM. The Reach needs another couple of months before it should be open to the public. Every staff member we mentioned this to agreed, but I'm sure they were happy to be working. We were disapointed by the game the hotel manager was playing. Every time we asked to speak with her, we were told she was next door at the sister hotel, Casa Marina. We left a phone mumber for her to call but did not receive a call back. We went to the Casa Marina, to be told she was at our hotel at the time. (Figured out her game quicky, can't blame her, she knew the hotel was not ready) Still waiting for a call...... A clerk gave us a $100 good will credit, but the damage was done.
My advice is as follows; if you have reservations at the Reach, ask to be moved to the Casa Marina. It's renovation is complete and also has a beach and two pools. If you must stay at the Reach, and don't mind sharing your vacation with lots of construction workers, ask for a room that faces the pool, it will be much quieter and only about $50 a night more. If I knew of the renovation, I would have gladly paid the extra money for some peace. All in all, a very nice place with a terrific staff, (sans manager) but not ready for prime time!
Ask many quesitons before you book or stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its $32 million renovation complete, Reach Resort is open for business! Emerging as the standard in Key West luxury, this boutique beauty has been completely redesigned and remodeled, but is still in the same great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West