“Another day in paradise...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit Per Night
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Key West
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Another day in paradise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Having been to Key West on dozens of occasions, this was my first stay at the Casa Marina Resort, and this will be where I stay on any future trip...! Clearly the "Grand Dame" of Key West, the Casa Marina has it all: a strip of private beach, a gorgeous pool served by an attentive staff, lovely grounds and a hip yet unpretentious interior. The resort's level of service and its food & beverage offerings were way above par, but if venturing out, the Casa Marina concierge will know where to direct you, and seems able to get a table anywhere on the island, even during the busiest time of the year -- Fantasy Fest. I was there with buddies looking for laughs, but I'd certainly recommend the resort as a great conference venue or as a terrific spot for a beach-front wedding.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My wife, our dog and two friends of ours and their dog all stayed here in October 2010.

We had a fantastic time! I would highly recommend Casa Marina for top quality, beautiful grounds, swimming pools, beach, hammocks, activities and location. It is the best located hotel in Key West and is ideal for the perfect stay. It is a 4 star hotel with a 5 star experience, you will not be disappointed.

The service and friendliness of the staff was top notch. The rooms were a nice size, nothing too fancy but perfect for a relaxing holiday. I would recommend ground floor with an patio for easy access to the beach and pool area. It is a dog friendly hotel, yet the dogs are not everywhere. We just loved it.

If there were negatives I would say that charging for parking, which they do, is disgraceful. If you are staying in a hotel this should be a complimentary part of your stay. It leaves a bad taste when settling your account.

However, that said, you will not be disappointed, it is rated as one of the best in Key West and IT IS.

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Casa Marina and our visit was everything you could wish for. This was my first time back since they renovated the hotel and I must say that it looked beautiful. I had stayed there in 2005 and it looks much nicer than it did back then. Upon arrival we were greeted with friendly door staff that gladly took our bags. Everyone had a smile and seemed to enjoy working there. My wife and I had friendly conversation witht the man at the check in counter and he decided to upgrade us,(I think the room was a couple hundred dollars more per night than the one we had booked)!!! As soon as we got to the room we were in love with its huge balconey and beautiful pool and oceanfront views. The room was decorated very nicely and the bed was extremely comfortable. I took my wife for a walk and showed her the grounds and they were absolutely perfect. If you're looking for a nice ocean view this is the place to be. The pools were very clean and there were no screaming children to be seen. If you are looking for great food this is the place for you. We ate at the hotel three times because the food was sooooooo good, try the conch fritters! This was by far one of the best trips I had been on and the Casa Marinas staff was top notch. If you don't want to be in the thick of the Duval action this is the place to stay. A cheap 2 minute cab ride will get you to bars and restaurants. One bad thing did happen and it was my own fault! My wife was laying in one of the beach hammocks at night and I left her to go get a drink at the poolside bar. When I came back I went to the wrong hammock and interrupted a couple that was smooching. I felt like an idiot but we laughed about it later. Great place, go there ASAP and you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Golden Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Our stay at the Casa in mid-October began with our arrival five-hours prior to check-in. NO WORRIES! We were in our room within 40 minutes of walking in the door (thanks to ‘Jafre’ the very polite, friendly and accommodating front desk staff member!) Everything during our stay exceeded our expectations. Our room was spotless…The view was magnificent…Every member of the staff went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves at all times. The beach was beautiful, quiet and relaxing! A favorite memory of our stay was falling asleep in a beachside hammock with a full moon and the sound of gentle waves!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed at the Casa Marina and were more than pleased with the hotel's service. Every member of the staff was wonderful and the beach side service was great. The fact that the beach was private was a huge plus and made the slightly higher price worthwhile- it wasn't overcrowded and extremely rowdy like Smathers Beach. There was always a chair to lounge and relax in, but the hammocks were most often taken. The food was good-but not worth the price. We self-parked our car and preferred to eat out at local restaurants rather than the hotel. It is a bit of a walk down to Duval Street, so I would suggest taking a cab or parking near the area (10$ a day was the cheapest we found). The room was what I expected from an older hotel-there were cracks in the bathtub and the walls were a little dirty as well, but the bed was comfortable and the towels and robes were soft. The main areas of the hotel are beautiful and they were updating parts of the hotel while we were there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I traveled with another couple this past weekend to Key West. We stayed at Casa Marina. Our stay was wonderful. Everything was perfect. The hotel is fabulous. The entire staff is so helpful and freindly. The grounds are impeccable. We can't wait to plan our return this hotel and Key West. We rode bikes all around the island and we very happy that we chose to stay in this resort. You really never have to leave, it really is that nice.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Just wanted to let other travelers know of our fabulous stay at the Casa in Key West! It started off with great customer service from Ellen who took great care of our needs and even upgraded our room to a beach view with walk out terrace. My husband and I had a big event to go to during our stay and requested cheese, crackers, fruit, nuts, cocktails, etc... and the room service employee Bret when on and beyond customer service to make our special night a memorable one! And even Got us aspirin for the morning hangover!! LOL! Our 3 year old daughter joined us on our last day and the pool and activities were a hit for her! She did arts and crafts pool side and, our favorite room service employee Bret made her hot cookies which were delicious!! That evening, we even went for a walk out onto the pier and one of the employees had fishing poles and bait, and our daughter just loved fishing with her new friend! I would really like to thank all the staff members who made our stay a memorable one!! Thanks again!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!