Take the virtual tour of this hotel and it looks great which is why we booked it. Sometimes when you get there, it is not quite what you expected. But not here; its a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location right on the beach. So let me spell out the nitpicks.
Its about a 20 minute walk from the main street and not a shop in between so you cannot pop out for a bottle of water or anything else. Whilst the hotel rooms are reasonably priced, everything else is expensive. There are two large swimming pools but the maximun depth is only 4ft 6in so no diving. The large free car park is not really big enough and, at bedtime, you may just find it full and need to park in the street.
As I said, these are nitpicks and if you are not on a budget, you can use valet parking and pay the prices for food and drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West