We spent 3 nights at Casa Marina to escape the polar vortex in New York. Casa Marina is a nice property and we had a good stay but certainly expected more. The resort is located on the beach and has an airy and luxurious feel to it. The grounds are nicely kept. I like the adult only pool which has a bar next to it. The pool staff are very helpful finding and setting up beach chairs. I think an extensive beach front like Casa Marina is very rare.
The room I stayed at however seemed like an afterthought compared to the rest of the resort. It was located on the ground floor with a direct access to the pool which was nice. But the room was very small and the furniture and bathroom were very old. It was in the old building so I was able to heat the foot steps above and voices though the connecting room next door. The curtains did not shut properly and the lock of the French door to the patio kept falling off. There was no wifi signal in the room and the front desk staff said he would send someone but it never got fixed and I never heard from him on the status.
The highlight of the resort was the dinner on the beach. The seafood in the bouillabaisse and fish of the day (snapper) were locally caught and extremely fresh and delicious. The price was reasonable for the quality of the food. The breakfast however was a disappointment. It was a very basic breakfast you typically see at a regular Hilton properties in the US. No freshly baked bread. No complimentary breakfast for elite members.
Other than limited room upgrade based on availability I do not believe there were any diamond member benefits. The overall property is nice, as a diamond member, you most likely get a nicer room, amenities and other benefits at a regular Hilton hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West