I booked a Hhonors award for a free night. Specifically booked a king size bed--my preferences include high floor, away from elevator. Arrived at hotel and was greeted by very friendly front desk manager who was so happy to tell me I had been "upgraded" to a view of the pool. When I got to the room, I discovered two small beds and the room was the closest to elevator--actually shared a wall with the elevator shaft so I heard the "swooshing" up and down throughout the whole stay. Of course, I promptly went back to the front desk and asked for a change and was told that they were sold out and that was the only room they had. So, "upgrade" really meant, "no matter that you booked a king size bed months ago, we've put you where it is convenient for us."
Needless to say it was quite frustrating. To help make up for it, the front desk manager:
1) told me she would credit my HHonors account for the points that I used on the stay. and 2) went to the gift shop to get ear plugs for my partner and me. I thought both gestures were fair and I appreciated them.
The hotel property is very nice. The ocean and pool areas are laid out well and definitely give the feel of a high end resort. The staff, from cleaning crew to door staff, bellman, etc. are all very friendly and quick to greet every person in the hotel.
While we didn't eat a meal at the hotel, from what we aw when we walked through, the food appears to be very appetizing.
I look forward to returning to the hotel sometime to enjoy the room we actually booked. Given my experience there, I would not hesitate to stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina
- Casa Marina Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.