“LUXURY, WARMTH AND SERVICE WITH A SMILE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit Per Night
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Key West
New York City, New York
“LUXURY, WARMTH AND SERVICE WITH A SMILE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

My husband and I just got home from a wonderful stay at the Casa Marina. We absolutely loved it and will definitely be back. This was our second time in Key West (1st time was 8 yrs ago) and although many things have changed there, this little island continues to amaze me. This time, my sister and future brother-in-law joined us and we had an amazing time!!! There so many things that we enjoyed at the Casa and I'm afraid I'll run out of room to review all of them, so here's a "short" list:
1. The BREAKFAST BUFFET is soooo worth it ($20pp)- it's a
buffet people-you can eat as much or as little-this includes
coffee and juice that your server will refill and refill and refill to
your heart's content! There is a hot and cold station, complete
with an"egg station" where Ivan will whip up eggs made to
order. Look for Erik, our server, he is FUNNY and he loves his
job!

2. The two POOLS do not have a diving board (future brother-in- law and husband not so happy about this) and the deepest
part is only 4'6" (my sis was happy about this, hubby and b-i-l
were not). I didn't care either way because the ocean was
only a few feet away if I wanted to do some "real"
swimming. But, once again, the service is outstanding:
towels are arranged for you and, if desired, they will also set
up an umbrella for you (there aren't that many so try to get a
spot early). There is also waiter service poolside - have the
pina colada w/a Myer's rum floater- DELICIOUS! And may I
add that they do not skimp on the alcohol whatsoever. And
oh yeah, the FREE popsicles and watermelon are also a nice
touch. Mike, the pool guy, is great and yes, "service with a
smile" exists here. WOW!
3. The BEACH- yes-it's rocky and the "dirt" is called
seaweed and that "smell" is the ocean. Let's not forget that
Key West sits on fossilized coral which makes for rocky
beaches (but in the modern world we have what's called
"aqua shoes" to solve this problem). The Casa is very
diligent about combing the beach and removing the seaweed
every morning. Here, the staff will also set up chairs and
umbrellas for you and YES- there is also waiter service along
with the FREE popsicles and fruit and lemon water. There is
alot of seaweed at this time of year but one tends to overlook
this when the water is so warm and inviting. There are so
many seagulls flying about (pretty), but mysteriously, there is
no bird POOP.
4. Our ROOM was a one bedroom ocean vista suite. We arrived
an hour and a half early and to our surprise, both rooms were
ready. I requested to be right on the ocean and I was literally
steps from it. The suite was on the 1st floor and the balcony
faced the water. Every morning, I sat on the balcony to watch
the sunrise and the guy combing the beach, as well. My only
pet peeve was the cigarrette butts that people would toss
from the higher balconies, but I believe this was cleaned up
throughout the day. The suite is very clean and very new and
the bed is COMFORTABLE. The bathroom is HUGE and we
had a shower door. My sis and her fiance had the Flagler
room and there was no shower door (as reviewed by previous
guests, the wet floor was a problem for them). Our rooms
were cleaned everyday and the New York Times was delivered
every morning. No complaints here.
Note: The only minor distraction from my relaxing experience
at the Casa Marina was the amount of children at this
hotel. Now, I like kids, don't get me wrong, but 30 kids
splashing and carrying on by the pool will eventually
become annoying. So, if you are looking for that ultra
romantic, secluded and "adults only" feel to a resort, the
Casa is not for you. Maybe, during school season, there
won't be that many kids. Also, we did NOT encounter the
non-English speaking staff here at the Casa, only the
very pleasant and "could not do enough for you" staff. And
by the way, everyone says "good morning" here. I'm from
NYC, so this is a WOW factor for me! For you non-walkers,
the Casa is about a 15-20 min. walk to Mallory square, but
there are cabs and the hotel has bikes, mopeds and
electric cars for rent. We walked all over the island and
explored "outside" of Duval street. Very interesting......

• Liked — The bed, the room in general
  • Disliked — The balcony was on the small side for a suite
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,038)
  • Polish first
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

About two weeks ago I had the pleasue to stay at a beautiful resort in Key West, FL, the Casa Marina. It was my fisrt trip to Key West and was very excited to be going. After the 6 hour drive we pulled up to an Old World Style Elegant Drive way of the Casa Marina. The lobby is beautifully furnished with modern funiture and deep dark hard wood floors and pillars. It seems their renovation kept the best of what it was, and encorporated it with fresh modern style. After checking in with a very capable front desk staff I walked to the room with the dissapointment that my room was located on the first floor. My dissapointment was shortly changed as I walked in to the room, walked to the curtains, pulled them back to see the awe inspiring ocean view where we could literally walk off of our patio on to the private beach of the resort. Not just the view was amazing but so was the room. Once again beautifully furnished and modern design. The pool and the beach are gorgeous with staff stopping by your lounge chair periodically offering a frozen washcloth to cool off with or fresh watermelon. Definatly first class service. They even came poolside and offered this to people in the pool. The resort also offers water sports such as jet skies, snorkling and parasailing. Be sure to check-out thier website and take advantage of all this resort has to offer. Excellent service great accomodations.

• Liked — Room decor and amenities
  • Disliked — parking perhaps could be a little better
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Was very pleased upon checking into the Casa Marina. Everything was new, clean and modern. Check in was a breeze. When we got to our room we were both a bit disappointed in the size, but it was clean and comfortable and we had a patio that went right out to the pool, which we ended up really enjoying. The bed was heavenly! Only complaint would be we could hear noise from the other rooms. Pool area was magnificent. Mike, the pool attendant, was very attentive - setting up towels on the chair for you immediately, and periodically going around with ice waters, popsicles and fruit juices. Spent little to no time on the beach, but you can swim in the ocean via steps off the pier. Breakfast buffet in the morning was nice and they have THE BEST yogurt parfait. We had one every morning for breakfast (can also buy them in the gift shop).

Location is a little off the beaten path, but within walking distance to Duvall. If it wasn’t so hot, we would’ve done more walking, but opted to take a cab more often (between $8-$12). If you have a car, park in the lot across the street. It is $12 a day, but you can come and go as you please without paying additional.

Other minor complaints would be prices at the bar ($6 per beer) and for food. Very expensive, but in line with lots of other prices we encountered. I would suggest stopping by the store for beer, water, etc. and storing it in the fridge in your room. Mahi sandwich we had at the restaurant outside for lunch wasn’t edible. Also, when I was in the bathroom I did step in a sliver of glass when we first arrived and we couldn’t get our safe to work. We called the front desk and within minutes housekeeping was vacuuming our floors and the maintenance person was fixing our safe. They also offered first aid, but I was able to get the sliver out on my own. I was glad they reacted so quickly.

All things considered, I would recommend the Casa Marina. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — Ambiance
  • Disliked — Beverage prices!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My stay at Casa Marina was nothing like I had expected. The hotel staff was rude and more concerned about hosting events than their own guest. I was not allowed back in the hotel parking lot after I left for dinner one night due to "event parking". Hotel staff told me to come back around 9:30pm. Drove around for 45 minutes with no parking within 6 blocks of hotel. Casa Marina allowed 4500 people on the property to view 4th of July fireworks. Wrist bands were sold to the general public for $22. It was an absolute nightmare with drunk individuals from outside the hotel wandering the hallways and in the pools. Nothing was done by hotel staff to control this! I felt like it was a safety issue for my family and that should not be the case at a Luxury Resort! To date only offered to remove parking charge from my bill. Spent over $550 at the hotel just on food and rental equipment not including my room charges. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
NY,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I just loved the decor and architecture of this hotel. It seems like they just renovated the place. This place feels like a beautiful mansion rather than a hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Service was really good. Parking is free. There are computers in the lobby for personal use.

Decor: A mix of southern architecture and modern decor created a beautiful luxurious ambiance. I'm very picky about hotel decor and this place just amazed me. It was very different from the typical hotel lobbies with chandeliers, gaudy flower vases and colorful carpets. This place had a clean and elegant feel.

Room: Dark Hardwood floors. Spacious, Modern, Clean, Luxurious. Loved it!

Bathroom: Renovated, Marble. Shower area is a bit open so the water sprays out when you're taking a shower which creates a mess on the bathroom floor.

Pool: 2 big pools. I don't think there was a hot tub there.
Beach Access: There is no easy access to the beach and the beach is a bit rocky. II was only there for one day so its possible I missed something.

Water Sports: Available but more expensive than other places in the town.

Restaurants: Not sure, I normally go out for food because the food is usually over priced or not great at hotels. The food around the town wasn't that great either.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salisbury, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Casa Marina for two nights, this was the hotel we decided to have as our luxury treat on our trip to Florida, and it was from the very first moment we arrived. In summary I would say it had the wow factor when you walk into reception, the staff were professional yet friendly and very helpful, our room wasn't ready but they were able to provide another room, the room was very nicely furnished, the bathroom had a very powerful shower, good food in the pool snack bar although it is a shame there is no restaurant for evening meals, the breakfast is excellent - very fresh both hot and cold options. The hotel has two pools and you are provided with fresh towels, hotel has its own beach (we didn't use but looked amazing with palm trees and hammocks in some of the trees!). Overall it is one of those hotels you could easily never leave during your visit (apart from the evening meal!). Would go back in a shot!

• Liked — The hotel's ambience and wow factor
  • Disliked — No restaurant for evening meal
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

June, 2008

Don't miss an opportunity to stay at Casa Marina. It is a casual , elegant resort with tastefully appointed rooms, clean lines, and ever so comfortable! The suite had everything you would need with the ultimate view of the pool and the Atlantic. Spacious patio only 20 steps from the pool. Housekeeping was impeccable. Grounds nicely landscape and well taken care of. Pools very clean and maintained. Plenty of towels. All staff I encountered greeted you with a smile, and were eager to answer any questions. Amenities definitely designed to allow you to relax. The aroma therapy massage was excellent. Breakfast staff cheerful and up beat. The experience exceeded my expectations and I only wish I could have stayed longer. I have stayed in many places and would rate this resort as one of the best.

• Liked — accommodation, beach, pool, friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!