“Employees help make this property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Rates from $249
Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Key West
Columbia, MD
“Employees help make this property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recently my family visited Casa Marina. While they already had 2 weddings booked for that Saturday evening, we decided to keep it as our base of operations. So many employees were helpful, but one in particular stood out - Daniel, who managed the pool area we frequented, went above, beyond, and was often anticipatory in knowing what we needed before we did.
My only negative was a surprising development. As we were preparing to leave for our site for our daughter's ceremony and were taking some pictures about the Palm Walk area, we were asked to leave the area, since our wedding was not to be hosted by the Casa M, they did not want us to use their space for our pics. Out front was OK, but not elsewhere on the property for our pics. It was disappointing, but the remainder of our evening was brilliant, and I hope the bridal couple enjoy the rest of their honeymoon as they will be staying at the Casa while the rest of the family has come home.

Room Tip: The Flagler Ocean View rooms with their King size beds and sitting area were the most value of all t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

3,968 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked Casa Marina through Travelocity and had some concerns that since it was a 3rd party booking that the hotel would place us in their most undesirable room. We were pleasantly surprised during our stay for 4 nights September 5th - 9th. Our room was quiet and spacious.

Not only was the staff friendly and extremely helpful, but resort is set up to be conducive to any type of guests. If you want fine dining on the beach at sunset...you got it, if you want to lay in a hammock or under a cabana under a palm tree...it's all yours, if you want to have a little fun at the beach bar and watch sports and mingle with new guests it's there and if you want to play corn hole, beach volleyball....you can't go wrong. The bar tenders were awesome, the wait staff had great attitudes. You can rent bikes, water sports and even the new water deal that lifts you out of the water like Iron Man..sorry don't know what that is called. The sunset cruise that leaves from the hotel dock is so very nice and relaxing. We met some fantastic people on that cruise that we hope to continue staying in touch.

I want to say that most of the time resort food is mediocre but not at Casa Marina...some of the best filet, hamburgers and omelets ever!!!! You can share these dishes as well. The view at breakfast every morning is fabulous and peaceful. You can relax at either of the 2 large pools...so enjoyable all the way around.

In the heat, I wouldn't walk to Duval street as although it says 1.4 miles from hotel, not really, it is a long, long walk. I would take a taxi. The rickshaw cost twice as much as they charge per minute with someone paddling vs. a taxi.

After our sunset cruise, we wanted to hang out with our new friends that we met on the cruise and found that we could be served late into the night with dinner and drinks and we so enjoyed that! Even on cool nights they have a nice firepit with comfy seating all around it at the beach. This is such a nice resort for any traveler!!!

Room Tip: Our King unit was Room 352 and although it wasn't a suite it was very large and very quiet which...
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

As a diamond VIP Hilton Honors member I stay in a lot of Hilton branded hotels. This is a great property. I'm not sure why it's not ranked higher. The view as you walk into the lobby will blow you away. We had an ocean facing suite and it was updated and well appointed. The service from everyone was first-class. Daniel in the pool and lounge area made sure we had anything we could ask for. If you want to stay down in town off Duval then good for you, it'll feel like Daytona Beach. If you want a Caribbean escape you can drive to, stay at the Case Marina.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah F, Front Office Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Casa Marina. We are glad you were able to enjoy our resort, its service, amenities and wonderful activities. We will certainly recognize Daniel in Pool Services for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you at our Caribbean escape again soon!

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My best advise to anyone considering a stay at Casa Marina is STAY AWAY! I booked 4 nights in an oceanfront room with king size bed at Casa Marina. What I got was a very small, dark, musty smelling room, with a small, dirty window that couldn't be opened, overlooking the top of some palm trees. To add insult to injury, when I complained to the front desk, all I got was apathy at first and then an attitude. I immediately checked out. I don't mind paying good money for a hotel room but I do expect the room to be nice and clean. I will never return to Casa Marina and will certainly let my friends know about my experience there. What a terrible disappointment!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time and money in this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Casa Marina Resort. Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered while staying with us. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service, and I am sorry to learn that we failed to achieve these results.

We have shared your feedback with our operating teams, helping them identify specific service breakdowns. If you would like to discuss your stay with us further, please contact me directly at sarah.franks@waldorfastoria.com. We thank you for caring enough to share your experiences.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Daniel helped make our trip a treat by helping us with our loungers, umbrellas, and tables beachside when we came to the beach each day. He was friendly and was always helpful! This extra service made out stay a bit more luxurious and relaxing. One of the only hotels with a private beach - and worth it!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
April,

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here in paradise at the Casa Marina. We will definitely pass along your positive feedback to Daniel in Pool Services. We look forward to seeing you soon on a return visit!

Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at Casa Marina. Sept 8-13. It was great!!!! Daniel beach chair waiting for us as asked ...was great , Really nice guy ... gave us tips on local places to eat... Daniel your awesome ...On his days off Constantine took care of us such a great guy too!!! I am not sure what others are talking about as far as safety .... There are safes in the rooms for valuables .... And our room was facing the street and we never felt unsafe .... All and all a great stay .... Being a manager myself .... I know that it is hard to find GOOD staff... That work hard and love their job ..... Our room was always cleaned properly ...beach wait service for drinks and food was great !! It is an older hotel .... It was built in what 1930 .... If you want top line modern ... Go somewhere else...BUT if you want old elegant charm ... Clean... breath taking views..... Come to the Casa !!! FYI ... All the beaches in the keys are shipped in ....do your home work ppl.... History .... The keys are full if it.... Awesome!!!!! I have been to lots of places ...no place is perfect ....MY experience was near perfect!!!!! Would I come back YES!!!!!! Only thing I would change ..... If I could of stayed one more day!!! Thanks to all the staff... And Daniel !! Thanks dude ... Hope your a manager or owner someday !!!! Skills !! Can tell you are genuine .... You just don't talk the talk ...you walk the walk .... I watched you with others ... You treated all with the same welcoming attitude ...FYI rm 1013 ... Is who we were ....also we valeted our car .... Wow great guys all of you !!! Again great stay!!!! Loved it !!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel its self was great but any meal you eat there will run you about $60 for 2 people. We did the breakfast buffet and couldn't believe it was so expensive. The food wasn't even that good. My advise is don't do any of the activities at the hotel either. If you go into the town you will find jet skiing and other things for a lot cheaper. But if you want a nice place to lay around and relax then this is the place for you. The housekeeping staff was a bit annoying though, they were banging down our door almost every morning trying to clean our room. Sorry but I would like to sleep in on my vacation not wake up every other day at 8 or 9 by them. I would go back but I'd be a bit smarter next time by not eating at the hotel and definitely using the do not disturb sign. Also if you're up for walking then take a hike to duval. It's really not that far and worth saving the few bucks for a taxi!

Room Tip: definitely get one overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!