We really enjoyed staying at the resort since it was a great location to get away from the hustle and bustle of Key West, but also to be able to access the good dinner locations and nightlife through either a short cab ride or walk. We only have a few minor suggestions regarding our stay to improve the property. When we come back to Key West, either this resort or the Westin condos our on Sunset Key will be our only choices.
First, our room was great. We were upgraded to a room that overlooked the resort in the Flagler wing that had a private deck that included lounge and sitting chairs as well as an umbrella and a table. This was a nice way to start the morning. The room was generally very quiet, but at times you could hear the people above if they were stomping around (this was not an issue at night) and the room kept out 95+% of the noise that came about from the three weddings that occurred while we stayed at the resort (if I were going next time I would ask that my room not be near any of the weddings or wedding party - our friends were kept up until 1am on a Friday). Second, the staff tries hard as you would expect from this type of resort - polite and courteous - also there are a few nice items that is included with the resort fee: beach chairs and towel layouts, free daily drink tasting, free fruit by the pool, free popsicles, frozen towels, and plenty of little things such as ping pong on the sand, ladders, or cornhole and floating things for the pool. Third, you are away from the craziness that can be Key West (our stay included St. Patrick's Day weekend), but are within a short 10 minute walk or brief cab ride. Fourth, my wife enjoyed her spa visit, although the room for the spa she said was not that great and a bit noisy since it is located on an exterior wall - traffic at times can be heard over the music. Fifth, as with all resorts, the cocktails will be pricey, but that is expected while on vacation - the drinks tasted good anyway. Finally, there are a heck of a lot of great excursions and events that one can do all while at the resort or within a short ride – biking, kayaking, wave running, etc.
A few items that'd we'd like to see: 1) a hot tub, 2) a nicer area for the spa, 3) a changing room or hotel room for guests with a shower so that guests can check out late and shower before flights (the Waldorf in Maui offers this great option), 4) better understanding by the bartenders on how to make virgin cocktails (my wife was pregnant and typically all the bartender had was 1 idea), 5) more consistency in the wifi operation, a6) a broader menu for lunch at the restaurant – food was good, not great. In addition, our experience with the concierge was mixed since the ball was dropped for our fishing trip. We had a receipt saying that we'd head out Friday at 7:30am (so an early day), but when we arrived at the marina we were told it was Saturday even though our receipt said Friday. Therefore, we ended up paying a round trip cab fare unnecessarily and then had to wake up at 6:45am two days in a row to go fishing. I would hope that the concierge next time would double check for people about these fishing trips.
Finally, the only other comment is that I would like to see a change in the amenities for Hilton Diamond Status members at all Waldorf Astoria resorts. Typically, breakfast is included in all stays, except at Waldorf properties. The breakfast was pricey at the Casa Marina resort and the better option we typically found was walking to get a crepe or beignet. I would like to see Waldorf locations include this option for breakfast going forward since it is a common amenity at all other properties.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina
- Casa Marina Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Amex, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.