“Very nice overall; pricy incidentals.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Key West
“Very nice overall; pricy incidentals.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

As a resort hotel I think the rate was fair. We had a great ocean view room with a lanai. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The beach area and beachside bar were really nice. The drinks were above average price, but they didn't skimp on the liquor. The beachboy Mitch was very helpful. The guys at the rental place were great. Incidentals at the lobby store were pricey, but there was a local bodega about a half mile away that had everything. (On South St.). I'm only perplexed as to why a Waldoff Astoria property would have such lousy TV? The unit was small and the reception crappy (what we used to call snowy). Really? In 2013, snowy? I can only think they figure resort patrons spend little time watching TV, so why not save some money there.

Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,086)
  • Polish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The room was wonderful, overlooking the ocean, but the sound proofing is horrible. We were woken up every morning at about 4 am by a crying baby. The drinks and food are overpriced, but what can you expect when you're staying at a resort like this. The service staff was hit and miss. Austin, one of the beach attendants was awesome. The concierge was rude, gave us wrong information, which was disappointing. The fees are a little off putting. We did love the location though and made the best of our stay, what can you say we were on our honeymoon and expected to spend money, any other time though, I wouldn't choose this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Monique W,

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for such a special and joyous occasion. We strive to look for ways to balance fair pricing with our luxury accommodations and services. Your review lets us know we need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We have also personally thanked Austin for his commitment to hospitality and superb representation of or commitment to personalized service. I've addressed your other concerns and hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Mequon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Don't listen to the bad reviews I saw earlier in the posts. It is expensive, but I would expect it to be! The location is perfect--right on the water, and on the quiet side of Key West.

My room was incredibly clean and very up to date, with an ocean view. It didn't have a porch, but with this weather, who spends all day in the room?

On the beach, they provided free drink samples, frozen eucalyptus towels, and cucumbers for your eyes. Most relaxing trip ever.. When can I come back?

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Really disappointing. We were surprised at the lack of quality control. There seem to be a lot of staff doing there own thing with little overall co-ordination. The hotel offers a very limited bar area indoors. If you want tea or coffee you have to go the the gift shop where you are charged an extra 69 cents if you request soya milk in your tea. Our room wasn't cleaned until 3.30pm, when we notified the housekeeping service we had to wait over an hour before they sent someone and by then had complained at reception. The acoustics were so bad we could hear the guest in the next room snoring. My bed had a torn sheet, not what you expect from a top quality hotel. We also sent clothes to be laundered and when we phoned to find out if they were ready were told we had to go down to the lobby to collect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Elspeth P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned about our inconsistencies have been addressed and I apologize for the inconvenience. We are also looking into additional soundproofing to minimize noise discomfort and appreciate you alerting us. We hope you will give our hotel a second chance if you return to the area.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Beautiful property but unsophisticated non-service oriented staff, except for one concierge. As Hilton Honors we were given a room in the oldest section with no patio, no possible upgrade and no usual Hilton gold card breakfast. In fact there was free coffee only until 6:30 am, not a minute afterwards. Our room was awkwardly shaped across from the elevator and the oldish small bath had no exhaust fan. When I called about an earring possibly lost in the lobby shortly after we checked out, I received no call back for more than 24 hours — after I called a second time. Parking is ridiculously expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Cam16NJ,

We hold our guests in the highest regard and one of our priorities is flawless service. I assure you that the problems you mentioned regarding poor and inconsistent service have been addressed accordingly. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue so that we can update our training processes with your comments in mind. We hope you will give our hotel a second chance if you return to the area.

Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

RUINED MEMORIES.

LET ME SAY THIS. THE ONLY THING HIGH END HERE IS THE PRICES.

We haven't had a vacation in 2 years. We waited for this day for so long. I was told by several people not to come here. I was lured in by the nice photos and the promises of luxury and a good time. I paid top dollar to come to this place. 600 a night for a supposed beautiful room. The room was falsely advertisement. It was crap small horrible supposed oceanfront patio two people could barely sit in.

The service from everyone at this Hotel was atrocious. First we walk in and check in then walk over to the concierge because we wanted to rent a boat. The nice used car salesman of a concierge was none too happy to charge us 500 and something dollars for the pleasure of renting the fine 22ft yacht. When I reached the room I look on line come to find out the 170 something dollar deposit i had to place on my credit card was the hotels cut then when I get to the marine they were going to authorize 1000 and take the rest from that oh and the gas wasn't included. We of course canceled that reservation. Nothing like feeling duped when you get right into the hotel.

After we got to the room I was so pissed I canceled the rest of our reservation. This made my fiancé so happy that I compromised and changed to a regular room hoping the price drop per night would lessen my anger and being taken for a ride by glossy photos on a website. We changed rooms to a small box with a horrible view the next day all the while eating crappy food at almost 200 for dinner 100 for breakfast and sucking down 11.00 drinks.

LET ME SAY THIS.. THE ONLY THING HIGH END HERE IS THE PRICES.

I talked to another concierge person about another service to try to save some grace with my fiancé. That didn't work I got tired of the condescending know it all who was serving me and walked away while she was still talking.

Food -- sucks is way overpriced and I never finished one meal because of it.

Drinks - if you can get one they are ok they taste like pina coladas but with no alcohol for 11.00 a piece after 10 of them I wasn't even remotely drunk. My fiance who rarely drinks said the same thing. This place is making it a business out of scamming people.

Service - Non existent

Property is beautiful nobody can deny that.

Rooms - overpriced and not well appointed

Folks I can't possibly stress enough if you want a ruined vacation while spending thousands of dollars come to this place!!!! Or do we did try it realize everyone else is right and leave. We checked out after this second day and I will be sure to tell every one of my experiences on line and off.

Add insult to injury I ordered a burger here with my fiancé the night before we left it came rare rarer than rare it wasn't even cooked what's wrong with you people the photo has been posted someone dropped on a grill for 30 seconds and put it on a plate I almost threw up. The replacement burger never even showed up. My fiancés burger wasn't cooked correctly either but not as bad as mine. I'M SO VERY UPSET!!!!
Morning of our departure the Fire Alarm went off at 5am in the morning!! Front desk yeah we are working on it. Great customer service....
I'M SO VERY UPSET!!!!

MY bill was never updated for the bad dinner on the beach the burgers were never removed from our bill. The room discount we were told we would get we never got.

Sent an email left two voice mail Management still hasn't contacted me.

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for sharing your impression of our property from your recent visit. We are glad you were able to experience the opulent interior of our hotel, however, we are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay. We work hard to deliver the singular Waldorf experience we are known for and your comments on the service as well as the culinary offerings will help us to continually work to maintain and improve the impression we make on our guests. I apologize for any delay as we work hard to respond to issues such as yours in a timely manner. If we have not already contacted you through our other channels, please feel free to contact me directly at Steven.Tresh@waldorfastoria.com so we can help make things right.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked an ocean suite and the ocean view was overlooking the pool, BUT the room was big and very spacious, clean and well stocked with plenty of towels, coffee. The air conditioner worked like a CHAMP and was very much needed! The grounds were clean well cared for and wonderful! My son loved the pool, staff was very accommodating, love that they called us by name, nice professional touch! If we do go back to Key West will have no hesitation in staying again at the Casa!

Room Tip: Pay extra and get suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!