LET ME SAY THIS. THE ONLY THING HIGH END HERE IS THE PRICES.
We haven't had a vacation in 2 years. We waited for this day for so long. I was told by several people not to come here. I was lured in by the nice photos and the promises of luxury and a good time. I paid top dollar to come to this place. 600 a night for a supposed beautiful room. The room was falsely advertisement. It was crap small horrible supposed oceanfront patio two people could barely sit in.
The service from everyone at this Hotel was atrocious. First we walk in and check in then walk over to the concierge because we wanted to rent a boat. The nice used car salesman of a concierge was none too happy to charge us 500 and something dollars for the pleasure of renting the fine 22ft yacht. When I reached the room I look on line come to find out the 170 something dollar deposit i had to place on my credit card was the hotels cut then when I get to the marine they were going to authorize 1000 and take the rest from that oh and the gas wasn't included. We of course canceled that reservation. Nothing like feeling duped when you get right into the hotel.
After we got to the room I was so pissed I canceled the rest of our reservation. This made my fiancé so happy that I compromised and changed to a regular room hoping the price drop per night would lessen my anger and being taken for a ride by glossy photos on a website. We changed rooms to a small box with a horrible view the next day all the while eating crappy food at almost 200 for dinner 100 for breakfast and sucking down 11.00 drinks.
LET ME SAY THIS.. THE ONLY THING HIGH END HERE IS THE PRICES.
I talked to another concierge person about another service to try to save some grace with my fiancé. That didn't work I got tired of the condescending know it all who was serving me and walked away while she was still talking.
Food -- sucks is way overpriced and I never finished one meal because of it.
Drinks - if you can get one they are ok they taste like pina coladas but with no alcohol for 11.00 a piece after 10 of them I wasn't even remotely drunk. My fiance who rarely drinks said the same thing. This place is making it a business out of scamming people.
Service - Non existent
Property is beautiful nobody can deny that.
Rooms - overpriced and not well appointed
Folks I can't possibly stress enough if you want a ruined vacation while spending thousands of dollars come to this place!!!! Or do we did try it realize everyone else is right and leave. We checked out after this second day and I will be sure to tell every one of my experiences on line and off.
Add insult to injury I ordered a burger here with my fiancé the night before we left it came rare rarer than rare it wasn't even cooked what's wrong with you people the photo has been posted someone dropped on a grill for 30 seconds and put it on a plate I almost threw up. The replacement burger never even showed up. My fiancés burger wasn't cooked correctly either but not as bad as mine. I'M SO VERY UPSET!!!!
Morning of our departure the Fire Alarm went off at 5am in the morning!! Front desk yeah we are working on it. Great customer service....
I'M SO VERY UPSET!!!!
MY bill was never updated for the bad dinner on the beach the burgers were never removed from our bill. The room discount we were told we would get we never got.
Sent an email left two voice mail Management still hasn't contacted me.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina
- Casa Marina Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com and Otel so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.