This is a beautiful hotel as one would expect being a Waldorf Astoria. We were staying at the sister hotel, The Reach, about a block away. Both hotels advertise a 'spa' based out of the Casa Marina. They charge top dollar for a 50 min massage ($125) and offer the massage either on the beach or in the spa. Given the outdoor temps were chilly in the 60s, my wife and I elected to have a couples massage indoors. The front desk directed us to the spa located in 'suite 1001'. Walking around the property, we quickly discovered the spa was nothing more than a converted basic hotel room on the ground floor...well off the beaten path and poorly marked. Stepping inside the 'spa' was your typical bathroom to the left and a small foyer with a table. The check in area. Passing through some hanging beads, you end up in the small hotel room that has two massage tables instead of full beds. The room was cramped and underwhelming. Having committed to the 24hr no refund cancellation policy, we went ahead with our massages. Unfortunately the massage quality wasn't much better than the proposed spa itself. They squirt you with ice cold oil and then rub it around to warm it up. If your idea of a good massage is being in a tiny converted hotel room getting iced down with cold oil, this is the place for you. During the massage, the next victims, eh...guests, came to check in for their massage about 15 minutes before ours were over. Given that the check-in table was on the other side of some hanging beads, our massages were interrupted with knocking on the door and the intrusion of guests (innocent on their part) in the room while we were mostly nude on the massage tables.
Really a bummer of an experience, particularly when I look back at my credit card statement.
Save you money or go to one of the real spa studios on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West