The hotel lobby is very classy with high ceilings carved wood. The room was very small but adequate for our needs. The bed was comfortable and there was a large assortment of pillows to choose from. The buffet style dresser had not drawers and the shelves were deep but so close to the bed it was hard to get things in and out. When the doors were open, you could not walk by. Perhaps a different arrangement would have been helpful.
I wish the oceanfront room and bathroom were bigger. It would have been nice to have a balcony and bathtub. Some rooms do have large balconys so they are available - just not on all the rooms.
The two large pools were not heated, however, some of the other guests did not seem to mind. We enjoyed the beach as hammocks, lounge chairs and umbrellas were always available and staff ready and willing to set it up for you. The complimentary drink of the day and popsicles were a nice touch. We missed to chilled towels but that would be a great perk for hot weather.
There was always a nice breeze off the ocean and it never got too hot as well as there are many palm trees and umbrellas for those who wanted shade.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, The only exception was the concierge who said he could not get us a reservation at Latitudes on Tank Island (a Westin property) until 9:45 pm and claimed this is always the case. When my husband called to confirm this, we got a 5:45 pm reservation. Not sure what that was all about?
The fire pits and heaters down by the beach area for the cooler evening temperatures were fun to sit by and vist with other guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West