My wife and I stayed at the Casa Marina for four night in July, 2012 for our anniversary. We loved the property. It is in a great location on the island. I am a Marriott Rewards member but opted not to stay at the Marriott property that is on the opposite side of the island, in a less ideal location (in my opinion). This property was recommended by a friend who has stayed here several times.
We found the property to be great. We would definitely go back. I travel quite often for work and I am fairly picky about things like cleanliness and service. The staff was great and we always found the room and property clean.
The service at the pool area was very slow when ordering food or drinks. Service in the poolside restaurant was equally slow. It was actually amazing how painfully slow the pool service was. One server for two packed pool areas was far less than needed. Food and drink poolside is as expensive as you would imagine.
Other amenities are excellent. The beach was nice, as long as you know what you're in for. The keys don't have smooth, white sand beaches. They have rocky beaches. Casa Marina does a nice job of trucking in the sand for their beach. If you want to go into the ocean, however, you have to go our onto a pier to avoid the Key West rocks. This is the same all over, and it didn't lessen our experience a bit. The place is beautiful and the pools are stellar.
We rented bikes from the on-site rental location and found that to be the best way to get around the island. We also opted for the jet ski tour the went around the entire island. It was affordably priced for two adults and the guides and staff were excellent. I highly recommend the tour if you want to see the entire island. Go at sunset. The concierge in the lobby can help you book the trip.
Finally, the concierge service in the lobby was outstanding. From restaurants to entertainment, they were all really great and helpful.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West