The first person I really chatted with was Graeham from Ireland, one of the Barefoot Billy staff. What a charming accent from a great guy. I could have talked with him all week long. He made us feel at home, like we were friends, and very welcome. Brandy, another Barefoot Billy staffer was fun and friendly and really great at remembering names. We missed Graeham (hope I'm spelling it correctly) when he was off for two days to celebrate his birthday. But, John and Patrick filled the void nicely. There wasn't a thing all these folks would not do to make us comfortable while enjoying the beautiful twin pools and the beach. Alex, and Eric were wonderful waiters. We enjoyed a meal at the fire pit. Manuel A. took the time to rescue some roses from one of many fabulous arrangements around the hotel and presented them to me. Charming man. Darrin the bartender was terrific! Absolutely loved him. He and Robin made quite the pair taking care of all of us around the bar. His recommendation for the fish taco was super! I had them twice during my stay. Delish! Oh, and the sweet potato fries were to die for. Darrin was great company and a perfect bartender. We were traveling with a friend who needed to heat a therapeutic heating pad. I asked the front desk staff if they could get him a microwave for his room. It was delivered in less than ten minutes. While enjoying ourselves by the firepit, the restaurant stafff was kind enough to microwave his heating pad. Everyone took great care of us!
Our room was beautiful. The cleaning staff kept it spotless. Never got any of their names, but kudos! Great job ladies! You can really make a wonderful bed and a super clean room.
If you stay here, take the time to really look at the photos around the resort. So much history in the place.
The beach is really nice. I enjoyed lazing around in the hammocks. The groundskeepers do a wonderful job of grooming the beach and the gardens surrounding the hotel. Really lovely.
I didn't attend any , but witnessed several weddings during our stay. Casa Marina does weddings really well.
Only three negatives: I really wish coffee was complementary all morning long. It was until 6:30 a.m. which is okay for early risers like me, but not so good for folks who like to sleep in a bit longer while on vacation in paradise. I wasn't keen on the in-room coffee maker. I would have loved to open our windows; they were painted shut. And, finally, the art on the hallway walls made us all feel like our vision was out of focus.
We enjoyed our stay very much. It's a lovely facility, but the people who work there really make it special. Thanks to you all!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina
- Casa Marina Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Agoda, Venere, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.