My husband and I were lucky enough to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary here, October 18 - 23 and were soooo happy to have researched tripadvisor to find this wonderful hotel!! Slightly off the beaten path, Casa Marina is far enough from the noise of Duval St but close enough to walk to it's great dining, entertainment, festivities and fun!
I truly do not know what was better - discovering a new restaurant on/off of Duval, enjoying the excellent live music on Duval, or taking in the wonderful property and all it has to off at Casa Marina. Although there is plenty of world class food to had on/off Duval, you must, must dine on the beach and get a little tipsy, while watching the sun set at the Sun Sun Bar and Grill!! I had the most amazing swordfish with spicy sweet chili sauce there! The beach is beautiful and spending at least one afternoon in the hammocks, soaking in the sun, sounds, ocean air is another must!! We saw pelicans, egrets, listened to the ocean waves, ordered boat drinks to our hearts' content! The staff was always there to take your drink order at the pool, on the beach...
And talk about a great staff - you can truly ask anything of them and they accomodate with a smile and go the extra mile. My husband and I wanted to heat up some food we did not want to waste from a restaurant on Duval. We asked if there was a microwave in the bar to heat it up...they promptly brought a microwave to our room to use! I wanted to review earlier so I'd remember names...but do remember Carlos and his inviting smile and welcoming demeanor!
I loooved the rooms - one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! We got an ocean view with balcony - highly recommend it!!
Another great plus of this excellent resort is that they have an onsite watersports shop and they are happy to arrange many types of excursions for you. We did arrange a snorkel, but cancelled due to choppy waters - and this was very simple to do. There were just too many things to do - there were Goombay festivities (wonderful food and entertainment), lots to do, eat on Duval, magnificent tours, the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory...that you really need at least a week...or to go back again. When we do, we will definitely stay at Casa Marina again! Please see my photos and see for yourself! Cheers to all of the staff there!!
I just want to say to some that complained about the beach - it's a natural beach, gets high tides, so, yes, they probably do have to bring in sand - so what? And sometimes they do get sea plants in and it smells a bit - so what? You're in a tropical location that gets battered by tides and rain - live with it - this property is gorgeous!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West