My husband and I stayed at the Casa when travelling to Key West for a friend's wedding. Our room was just a main floor standard, but it was clean and had all the amenities you would expect from a property of this caliber. The beach and the quality of service really made up for any shortcomings of the hotel.
You will be charged a $25 USD per night resort fee; however, you get beach towels, umbrellas, chairs, free popsicles, etc. included with that. Plus, you pretty much get to enjoy the waterfront amenities: hammocks, etc. at your own leisure even late at night. Watching the stars while listening to the waves break while swaying in a hammock is pretty darn great.
The Casa is a bit of a walk from the Duval crawl, though. Not terrible, especially if you don't mind the walk (we didn't), and you can easily rent a scooter (highly recommended) or even a bicycle to help you get around. There is scooter and bike parking for free right on property.
If you're looking for more of a resort feel, this is your place. You don't really need to leave property for anything; however, in Key West, exploring the island is most of the fun. With that resort vibe, there is a price, though. Expect to pay for EVERYTHING: Breakfast, etc. (I asked for a splash of Soy Milk in my espresso at the coffee counter one morning (since I can't do milk), and the girl acted like she was going to charge me over a dollar for a splash). You're much better off leaving to eat/get coffee, especially if you're looking for that true Key West experience.
Pros: The beach! Clean room with lovely amenities, Friendly employees
Cons: It was loud in our room when other guests were up and about, (but we weren't really in the room much), Food prices at the hotel, Spotty/SLOW internet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a $43 million renovation complete, this Mediterranean-inspired resort sits on a 1,100-foot private beach. The historic beachfront resort, combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated new accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West