Key West is a wonderful place for a vacation. Weather was awesome, Duval Street offers such a variety of bars, shops, restaurants, tours, etc. Sunset cruise is a definite must as well. If you are looking for a pure beach vacation, Key West is probably not your first choice. But if you want some beach time, bar time, night life, water activity, fishing, and great weather in the U.S. then Key West is for you. Kind of reminds me of a far cleaner Bourbon Street with a beach. Lot of walking in Key West so you should keep that in mind.
Casa is the best hotel property on the island in my opinion. Close enough to Duval to walk but distant enough to afford seclusion. The hotel amenities were very nice. The two pools, beach area, spa, and jet ski / water activities all on property were very convenient. Very good exercise facility. Service was generally top shelf although you sometimes did wonder who was in charge of the staff. Property is very clean but also has some age on it. It is pricey - meals are $25 per person minimum on hotel property. Drinks close to $10 each. Also, important to note...all hotel charges already contain 18% gratuity, and not one member of the staff is going to point that out to you. So if you slap a standard 20% tip on the ticket (which I did a couple of times before realizing) you have tipped 38%.
We spent half the trip at Casa and half at the other Waldorf property, The Reach. Both are very nice, but Casa is superior in all aspects. It should be noted however that you can use either hotel's amenities irrespective of which property your room is in.
We will definitely return to Key West. Definitely will consider Casa again but may also look at a condo next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West