This our second time here and on arrival with two other friends, We were greeted with good & bad news, That one of our rooms would onlly be available for one night as it then had to be x-rayed ( don't ask ) but one couple would then be upgraded to a sea facing suite. Fine but how about the other couple left at the other end of the Hotel ? This was duly sorted within half an hour and we were both given suites. From this point on Our stay just took off.
Wonderfull staff. Most Americans are friendly but the staff here exeeded all, We had dinner on the beach one night & the food & service was excellent. This Hotel Has a private beach,with silk hammocks strung from palm tree's food & bar served outside with two very large pools. iced towels to cool you and ice lollies served every afternoon. It is never crowded. The suite's are just great with french doors directly on to the beach. There is much to do in the Hotel. There are all sorts of boats to hire, at a very reasonable price along with bicycles. This would be a great place for a celebration. there were a couple of weddings taking place the week we were there. we all have a different idea of paradise, but to me this was very near. Key West itself has changed a lot, Nearly gone are all the lovely individual shops, and the place is full hen & stag parties...But its still a lovely place, The best part is the US Dollar rate which makes everything very affordale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West