“Honeymoon 11-11-11” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Key West
DENVER
“Honeymoon 11-11-11”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Casa Marina is a great property, the best beach on Key West! The service is outstanding, Patrick at the Front desk, Carlos at the Bellstand, Nate at the Sun Sun bar, Daniel and Scuba Steve on the beach and about the pools..all were great! Also be sure to book the Jet ski tour at Bare Foot Billy's, we had an incredible time with John D. which is a fantastic tour guide!
This group has created some Raving Fans, we will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

3,952 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (841)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My sister just got married on November 14th at The Casa Marina and it was perfect!!! From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave they take wonderful care of you! The food was great.....pool bar, breakfast, room service and the wedding food! One guest at the wedding said it was the best chicken he had ever had! The resort was completely booked and it barely showed.....breakfast service was a little slow but not bad considering that every table was filled. The 100+ person group that we were with was a rowdy bunch and they took great care of us...thankfully there are 2 good sized pools spaced a decent amount from each other so if you wanted a quieter pool you just went to the other one. The pool guys and pool bar staff were incredible especially Mark, Jon and Graham! The pool bar food is wonderful.....we all ate the tuna fish tacos everyday! The day after my sister's wedding I asked Mark to set up something special for the bride and groom and they happily obliged....which they did for another bride and groom as well! On their own, they set up flowers, champagne, bubbles, starfish, shells and reserved 10 chairs for our group! Needless to say they go above and beyond! We also requested early check in and late check out and it was no problem either time! The resort is definitely not inexpensive but I guess you know that going in! Reina, the wedding coordinator was top notch!!! Before even arriving in Key West she was 2nd to non!! She responded to emails sometimes in less than 5 minutes! Even though there were 4 other weddings there that weekend Reina gave us all the attention that we needed and more! We are already trying to plan our next trip to Casa Marina but next time we want to bring our children! We know they would love it!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 380....that is where my parents stayed and it was awful! Suite 1024 was awesome...
Delray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We just had our wedding here and it was absolutely amazing! The staff and service was outstanding and the food was out of this world! Special thanks to Reina Todd!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, Ne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Received email from Evelyn a few days before arrival wanting to know time of arrival, departure and anything else we needed. Knowing it was a Waldorf Hotel my expectations increased.

Arrived at hotel before 10 AM which I had told them. I was heading toward front desks and Patrick flagged me down, even though he was on the phone, saying he could help me. I wouldn't talk to him until he got off the phone so I waited a few minutes. I thought Patrick behavior was rude. Room was not ready, but he said he would make sure housekeeping would start cleaning as soon as it was vacant and checkout was 11 AM. He took my cell number and said he would call when room was ready. I checked back with Patrick at 11:30 AM he looked on computer and said they were cleaning it right now. We didn't get our room until 1:30 PM so I figure he was lying to me about what was going on.

We had a Flagler room at $209. I paid $10 more than regular room which was $199 first part of November. The $10 got us a fairly small window facing the pools and ocean partly blocked by palm trees. The room room was also small with a nice closet, but no other storage space except for one shelf. We had to live out of our suitcases. The bathroom was really small 4" x 5', plus shower. Double doors to bathroom because they opened in and a regular door would have hit the toilet. Very large sink that took away from limited counterspace. Shower only and small curtain that did keep the water from the bathroom floor.

We had problems with our room keys the first night and went to desk twice getting lectures both times on how to use them, keep them away from phones, etc. They finally sent a service man to room and ended up changing the whole lock. Clock was 8 hours off and had to have service man fix it.

Service at the pool restaurant was so the first day and a little better after that. Very limited menu. Seemed like they could of had more people working.

The hotel grounds are very nice with two pools and a beach. The beach is part and part rock. The hotel has a resort fee $25 per day not including parking.

We did get late checkout at 1 PM per my request before we arrived. We stayed at hotel because of our music festival and our group took over the whole hotel for a few days. As I said earlier my expectations of this hotel were high because it is a Waldor Astoria Hotel so I was disappointed in this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is a few blocks from the Southern Most Point and a mile plus to the main part of Duval Str...
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We just returned from our honeymoon at the Casa Marina. Everything about this place is great! The beach attendant Steven was amazing and took care of us the whole time! Very quiet and relaxing with great food, service, and very clean. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 2nd floor beach front have HUGE patios!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I arrive at the Casa Marina the Sunday after Fantasy week for MOTM. The hotel and staff are GREAT !!!! Just some of the names that I can remember are: John, Tom, Mark, Scuba Steve, Steve and many more. From the time you check in to the time you check out everyone goes out of their way to make you fill at home. Great view of the Atlantic.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Would we ever return to this resort u ask? No!! Patrick Morgan (poolside server) would be the only reason we'd consider it. He took care of us from day 1 and though he was serving in other locations for the duration of our stay...he was always there trying to make things better. He should lead a class there in customer care for employees and management. When he is promoted and heading up management...then we will be back.
This is an expensive resort and not worth it with the exception of the view. A $250 plus room (with several add on fees after) is not any bigger or better than a $70 room at a Marriot. The basic ammenities that are usually included in most places are extra here.
Housekeeping comes when they feel like it and dont do all that great of a job. I had to call down at 3:30 when my room still hadnt been cleaned. They said they'd send someone right up. I went to kill more time (which I told them would be an inconvenience because I needed to get ready for rehersal dinner. At 4:15, still noone had been there. I called again and explained that at this point I just wanted towels and they could clean later while I was out. I then headed back up to my room where I had found that they sent housekeeping anyway and had to wait an additional 25 mins for them to leave. I had to ask housekeeping to actually take the trash with them.
A server poolside spilled something on my daughter's jacket, said sorry and walked away. I had to go up to the bar to ask for assistance. Patrick came by and tried to assist with soda water. Graham also tried to help remove the stain. Patrick Morgan and Graham were both great, but was this their responsibility? I watched Patrick go over and tell Candace (who I was told later was an outside manager) what happened. She NEVER apologized and couldnt even be bothered to come talk to me or take the jacket to be cleaned. I went to inside management Maria (who was kind and handled the situation). I just thought the pool manager should handle issues by the pool especially when she was made aware of them. The hotel was at 100% occupancy and yet only one server was assigned to an entire pool and portion of beach. Needless to say there went the convenience of poolside service...you had to walk up to the bar or restaurant anyway.
Hotel security was unprofessional, rude and disrepectful. Can we say power trip??
We reserved a snorkel trip for Saturday. We checked in for the tour at 11:30 as scheduled. Walked to the end of the pier to wait for the boat. At 12:15 (45 mins later) we walked back to the check in point to ask the hold up. We were told the trip was cancelled because there were not enough people. When were they going to inform us? Oh wait it gets better...we then proceeded to the concierge (where we purchased the snorkle tour) to advise them of the mishap. The first words out of her mouth "that's not our responsibility" that's funny since the bill came from you.
We've traveled to places all over the world and stayed in many resorts. A resort should have a certain feel of Paradise that this one is sadly lacking.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!